Sites noticing ad blocking software.

Post any interesting custom filters here.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Sites noticing ad blocking software.

Postby sevenwind » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:02 am

This site http://www.mmorpg.com knows now, or probably has always know that people use blocking software. Well they now spam a big message about noticing the detection. Is there anyway to block it?
There was another site and I can't remember it at the moment but it did the same thing this site is doing when it notices you have ad blocking enabled.

I only use admuncher for blocking ads.
Attachments
ad-mmo.JPG
ad-mmo.JPG (38.08 KiB) Viewed 2143 times
sevenwind

Re: Sites noticing ad blocking software.

Postby Jeff » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:17 am

bypassed for a future update.

remaining ads removed as well.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby broman.martin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:30 pm

Just a curious question here. What means do they use to detect that ads are removed? They must, in some way, be sending back info when page has finished loading, and then loads the annoying crap like that. Evil sites.. ads should be something we choose to have or not have, like with junk mail. Even here in Sweden we put up a "no non-direct-addressed advertisement please", and the postman will not drop it down the analog mailbox :D
broman.martin
Wiz

Postby sevenwind » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:22 am

broman.martin wrote:Just a curious question here. What means do they use to detect that ads are removed? They must, in some way, be sending back info when page has finished loading, and then loads the annoying crap like that. Evil sites.. ads should be something we choose to have or not have, like with junk mail. Even here in Sweden we put up a "no non-direct-addressed advertisement please", and the postman will not drop it down the analog mailbox :D

I'm not sure if you are asking me. I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. I understand they need ads to stay in business, but their flash ads were awful. Sometimes they would slow the site down. Could be on my end, not sure, but they were annoying. Flash ads in general annoy the heck out of me.
sevenwind

Return to Custom Filters