Multiple Sites - Errors even when set for no-filtering.

Report page damage here. Please include your Ad Muncher version and any applicable URLs.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Multiple Sites - Errors even when set for no-filtering.

Postby Spellbot5000 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:46 am

I've noticed an odd behavior with AM for a while now, but mainly ignored it because it's not a huge issue. Some sites obviously need a custom filter level applied because full-filtering messes with them in one way or another. Many sites I've tried to set the filter up as "No Filtering on URL", but doing so still may have errors, and only disabling AM completely alleviates the problems. I assumed that "No Filtering" was the same as disabling AM, but is this not the case? Is there still some low-level filtering going on even when "No Filtering" is set for the site?

This has happened on a smattering of sites over the years, but the latest one that caught my eye was at http://tigerwoodsonline.ea.com/. You have to get an account there to log in, but it's free. Everything on the site works fine with full filtering, EXCEPT the "Pro Shop" page. That page loads part way but then just sits there not loading the main content in the center of the page. As I said, even setting "No Filtering" for that specific page doesn't fix it, only disabling AM itself. Is there anything that can be done within the program itself settings-wise, or would this need something from your end?
Spellbot5000

Re: Multiple Sites - Errors even when set for no-filtering.

Postby Jeff » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:29 am

ProShop wants me to install a plugin?
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby berni2k » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:30 am

Jeff described it sometime, there are some "global" filters that can't be deactivated with the setting "no filtering on URL", but I'm pretty sure if you provide Jeff with the login information (maybe create a dummy account just for that) and to make it easier a little screenshot he will fix it for all of us :)

EDIT:
haha to late
berni2k
Wiz

Postby Spellbot5000 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:35 am

Jeff wrote:ProShop wants me to install a plugin?

Forgot about that. It's just the actual software that would let you play the game if you chose to do so. It's legit and pretty innocuous, basically just another developers take on 3D+Flash. Unity Web Player I think it's called.
Spellbot5000

Postby Jeff » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Yeah not something I'm willing to install...

You'll need to examine the retrieved urls category on the logs tab after you've clicked the ProShop button and create a no filtering entry for that.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby Spellbot5000 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:38 pm

Cool, that did it! If anyone else happens to play Tiger Woods online, I had to remove filtering from http://resources.ea.com to get the Pro Shop to load.
Spellbot5000

Return to Page Damage