Problems with www.elpais.com

Report page damage here. Please include your Ad Muncher version and any applicable URLs.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Problems with www.elpais.com

Postby Doraemon » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:18 pm

Hi there!

I've been having the following problem for some months already and I finally isolated Ad Muncher as the source of the problem in my 3 computers (I have 3 lifetime licenses). The problem is with the website http://www.elpais.com. If you try to go to any of the news with commentaries, at the bottom of the pages there's the script for the commentaries, with multiple pages. If you try to click for another page in the commentaries, the web becomes stuck and the browser (Firefox, Chrome) crashes. I found out that if you disable Ad Muncher filtering and then reload the page the problem goes away.

An example:

Ad Muncher v4.9 Build 32300/3303 / Mozilla Firefox 3.6.12
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/espana/Z ... unac_2/Tes
Go to the bottom of the page and try to click one of the numbers of the pages of commentaries. No luck!

I'd like to know if there's something that can be done to fix this because it's a little bit frustrating.

Thanks a lot for your time and congrats for your awesome product! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Regards,
Albert.
Doraemon
New User

Re: Problems with www.elpais.com

Postby pegas » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:06 pm

No problems browse commentaries, the web works like a charm in Opera 10.63 and IE8, AM 4.9.32300/3304. Unfortunately I can't check it in Firefox as I don't have installed (to be honest I hate this browser). However I recall that someone was saying that addons in Firefox sometimes make hard time for Ad Muncher. Try to disable them all.
pegas
Wiz

Postby Jeff » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:31 pm

Fixed for 3306.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby Doraemon » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:13 pm

Holy sh!t Jeff!!! That was fast! :D 8) :mrgreen:

Impressive support from Ad Muncher, thanks a lot!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Doraemon
New User

Return to Page Damage