I am getting this error

Report any Ad Muncher crashes or odd behavior here. Please include your Ad Muncher version and any applicable URLs.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

I am getting this error

Postby tempnexus » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:05 am

I have cleaned the registry via CCleaner and then updated my EMistoft Anti-Malware and after that I get this: (Look at the picture)
Plus my PC takes forever to log on after that.
Yes I have fully uninstalled Admuncher and re-installed it.
Let me know what else you need me to do.

I also use EMET 3.5
Last edited by tempnexus on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
tempnexus
New User

Re: I am getting this error

Postby tempnexus » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:06 am

Error when loading winsock library from hook DLL in the following process: dllhost (error code WSPF-P-connect)
Error when loading winsock library from hook DLL in the following process: rundll32 (error code WSPF-P-connect)
Error when loading winsock library from hook DLL in the following process: igfxsrvc (error code WSPF-P-connect)
Error when loading winsock library from hook DLL in the following process: nvtray (error code WSPF-P-connect)
Error when loading winsock library from hook DLL in the following process: wmpnscfg (error code WSPF-P-connect)
Error when loading winsock library from hook DLL in the following process: sbiectrl (error code WSPF-P-connect)
Error when loading winsock library from hook DLL in the following process: dwm (error code WSPF-P-connect)
Error when loading winsock library from hook DLL in the following process: taskhost (error code WSPF-P-connect)
Error when loading winsock library from hook DLL in the following process: emet_notifier (error code WSPF-P-connect)
Error when loading winsock library from hook DLL in the following process: igfxpers (error code WSPF-P-connect)
Error when loading winsock library from hook DLL in the following process: virtucontrolpanel (error code WSPF-P-connect)
Error when loading winsock library from hook DLL in the following process: lcore (error code WSPF-P-connect)
Error when loading winsock library from hook DLL in the following process: egui (error code WSPF-P-connect)
tempnexus
New User

Postby Jeff » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:14 pm

boot into safe mode with networking and launch Ad Muncher.

Load your browser and see if it's working properly.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby marzametal » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:32 pm

Hi... I was having this issue as well... I formatted my PC 4 days ago and today was the first time the errors started. So I did what was advised, booted into safe mode with networking enabled. The errors were not present in the safe mode with networking scenario. So I loaded back up normally, and wow... the error was gone!

Soooo, ummm.... thanks :)
marzametal

Postby marzametal » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:06 am

It happened again. This seems to be a temperamental thing. I suspect it might have something to do with software, more specifically security software... which one gets to load first wins the match sorta thing (who gets their hooks in first). I am not sure if there is a way to manually order the way startup items load, since logically speaking, either a firewall or anti-malware application would need to load before AdMuncher... Thoughts?

This time I didn't reboot into safe mode with networking... I just switched off MalwareBytes AntiMalware protection (both checkboxes) and rebooted normally. The error in AdMuncher had disappeared.

EDIT: a bit about my setup...
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
Emsisoft AntiMalware
Emsisoft Online Armor Premium
MalwareBytes Anti-Malware
AdMuncher Pro

In regards to browser, I use Pale Moon 64bit, with NoScript and Ghostery...

EDIT 2: I had this error 4 times in a row, so I disabled MBAM from startup and loaded it instead when Windows had booted up. No error! Will keep you posted if it happens again without MBAM...

EDIT 3: The error happened again, with MBAM not loading at startup. This time I removed AdMuncher from my Firewall/HIPS exclusion list in Emsisoft Online Armor Premium, so the software could recognise AdMuncher and rebooted. Then I went into Online Armor Premium and modified an advanced setting for AdMuncher (both AdMunch.exe and AdMunch64.exe), allowing it to "set global hooks". I also allowed MBAM to reload on startup again. Will keep y'all posted!

EDIT 3.5: Having MBAM and AdMuncher run after Windows loads, as in manual execution. Didn't work. The winsock error was still present.

EDIT 4: It still pops up... this time, I set both AdMunch executable files to "Run as Administrator". I also removed the exclusions for AdMuncher from Emsisoft AntiMalware, since it kept on unticking one of the 3 exclusion options (Behaviour Blocker). Lets see if this works... !!!
marzametal

Postby marzametal » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:54 am

Edit 4 didn't work either. I think I will give it a rest for now. This pissed me off big time. Maybe someone out there has a solution to this...
marzametal

Postby oldguy69 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:07 pm

I'm just another user, but, FWIW, my configuration is:

Win 7 Pro (x64) SP1
Microsoft Security Essentials
SUPERAntiSpyware
Firefox 25.0.1
IE 10

AdMuncher works in my setup without any of the problems you're encountering.
oldguy69

Postby marzametal » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:30 am

Yeah, I managed to figure out which software was causing AdMuncher to kick up a fuss. I started off with a fresh format, updated Windows and graphics driver, and installed AdMuncher Pro. Emsisoft Online Armor didn't kick up a fuss, but the next installed program did... Emsisoft Anti-Malware. So I ditched it, even though it is one kickarse program :( and used MalwareBytes AntiMalware instead...
marzametal

Postby marzametal » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:34 am

I think I had this whole situation misinterpreted... I just realised I can nullify the winsock errors via my Options/Filter Targets tab... simply clicking on "Don't Filter" for each program that brings up the error keeps my log tab empty... it makes sense though, why the hell would an ad need to be blocked on a file called "chess.exe" (Windows Game)... lmao
marzametal

Return to Bugs