No filtering on Windows 8.1

Report any Ad Muncher crashes or odd behavior here. Please include your Ad Muncher version and any applicable URLs.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Re: No filtering on Windows 8.1

Postby Davebo » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Jeff wrote:Obviously some will and we will ask them to use something else temporarily.

there's nothing else we can do at this time.

We are doing all we can.

Please be patient.

We have tons of work to do and very little resources.

Define temporarily, once and for all.
Davebo
Wiz

Postby LisaSimpson » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:54 pm

He cant!!!!! Even Murray leave forum since March for leap touch! They not able give timelllne. They say "all features come 5.x" for years now, but 5.x never comes! Plus,,,using nother browser not right solution. I not change my brwsng habits for one program when everything else works right!
LisaSimpson
Wiz

Postby Jeff » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:33 pm

Davebo wrote:
Jeff wrote:Obviously some will and we will ask them to use something else temporarily.

there's nothing else we can do at this time.

We are doing all we can.

Please be patient.

We have tons of work to do and very little resources.

Define temporarily, once and for all.

We can't say when it will be done so any timeline I give you would be purely random.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby Doctor9fan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Unfortunately the longer this problem goes on without any idea or timeline on when it'll be fixed/when the next version will be released or even what the cause of the problem is so we as users can understand the delay the more people will migrate to other (many free) ad blockers, especially when their subscription is up, & may not return to using ad muncher, which in the long run will hurt sales. I wonder how many people who're using 8.1 & decide to try ad muncher will decide not to buy - all of them is my guess -therefore more lost revenue.
Is there any mention on the ad muncher website that it's not compatible with 8.1 & that they're working on it? I haven't noticed.
Doctor9fan

Postby JvaTrix » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:32 pm

If you all work other jobs/other projects I can respect that ..

I am concerned about the future of the product, I paid for a lifetime license even if I did renewals instead with that money I haven't got my pays worth in yet in the case if you all wanted to fade the project out. I understand this takes ALOT of work and things cant happen overnight, but not addressing it on the front page, and giving some kind of reasonable notice does leave us (and new users) asking a lot of questions. There's no question admuncher works.. however with version 5 and the current needed up date for 8.1/IE11 we get "things come when they come" when other products are starting to move past admuncher. I'm wondering is Ad muncher really wanting to be continued.
JvaTrix

Postby Chrysalis » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:07 pm

my thoughts.

I dont use IE11, or even IE10 my reason is that microsoft enforce some horrible font anti aliasing which makes them look blurry, if I then get used to the blurry look normal fonts then start to look skinny. IE9 has the behaviour also but can be overriden with a dwrite.dll file so I use IE9 and Firefox.

However it doesnt mean I dont respect what other customers are going through, so what is the situation.

Jeff seems to be claiming admuncher 4.x is impossible or very diffilcult to code for, apparently the code needs to be rewritten to add features and fix bugs.

No beta, eta given out.

Telling people to change browser so this commercial product will work.

Also the topic title needs editing to IE11 no filtering as its the browser not the OS.

Meanwhile Jeff has been posting on another site I am a member of trying to gain customers, I think thats a bit off when the app seems dead in development.

The app is decent, no doubt about that. But this is worrying in terms of future development. Is this murrey guy really still part of the project?
Chrysalis

Postby Doctor9fan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:09 pm

JvaTrix wrote:If you all work other jobs/other projects I can respect that ..

I am concerned about the future of the product, I paid for a lifetime license even if I did renewals instead with that money I haven't got my pays worth in yet in the case if you all wanted to fade the project out. I understand this takes ALOT of work and things cant happen overnight, but not addressing it on the front page, and giving some kind of reasonable notice does leave us (and new users) asking a lot of questions. There's no question admuncher works.. however with version 5 and the current needed up date for 8.1/IE11 we get "things come when they come" when other products are starting to move past admuncher. I'm wondering is Ad muncher really wanting to be continued.

So am I as I too paid for a lifetime license & with the lack of updates to what's happening with ver 5.x or even if the next beta release of ver 4.x will work with IE 11 it does make you wonder whether the developers are still interested in continuing with it, other ad blockers are fully compliant with 8.1/IE 11 so what is it that's not compatible between IE 11 & ad muncher which other ad blockers have got working or just aren't affected by.
Doctor9fan

Postby Doctor9fan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:19 pm

Chrysalis wrote:my thoughts.

I dont use IE11, or even IE10 my reason is that microsoft enforce some horrible font anti aliasing which makes them look blurry, if I then get used to the blurry look normal fonts then start to look skinny. IE9 has the behaviour also but can be overriden with a dwrite.dll file so I use IE9 and Firefox.

However it doesnt mean I dont respect what other customers are going through, so what is the situation.

Jeff seems to be claiming admuncher 4.x is impossible or very diffilcult to code for, apparently the code needs to be rewritten to add features and fix bugs.

No beta, eta given out.

Telling people to change browser so this commercial product will work.

Also the topic title needs editing to IE11 no filtering as its the browser not the OS.

Meanwhile Jeff has been posting on another site I am a member of trying to gain customers, I think thats a bit off when the app seems dead in development.

The app is decent, no doubt about that. But this is worrying in terms of future development. Is this murrey guy really still part of the project?

I love ad muncher so I don't want to continue using another ad blocker or a different browser for too long but there's no point in trying to gain new customers until the problem is fixed as any potential customers using IE 11 will trial ad muncher & when it doesn't work will look elsewhere or they'll already be using a free ad blocker which does work so they will not gain any new customers unless they're using IE 10 or below & I wonder how many still are - there may be a few but not enough to increase sales that dramatically. Tbh now there is a free ad blocker for IE who is going to buy one.
Doctor9fan

Postby phantomracer » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:30 pm

just upgraded to 8.1

never would have thought AM wouldn't work. bummer :( seems to be working on firefox. but I do use IE often and need it to work. will see if I can revert back to 8.0 til this is fixed.
phantomracer

Postby LisaSimpson » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:14 pm

We not should have to downgrade because of one tool. Why change licensing, keep make money when developer not focused on ad muncher no more? Murray not even focus on muncher no more :((((((

Even Jeff not answer where Murray is, or have Murray make SINGLE POST to forum to calm users!!!!!! Where Murray?
LisaSimpson
Wiz

Postby Jeff » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:20 pm

Stop the FUD. Seriously.

Ad Muncher is the focus and work continues on it everyday.

No more speculation and rumors. I am telling you we are working on Ad Muncher.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby Doctor9fan » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Jeff wrote:Which site requires IE that doesn't work in firefox?

My energy supplier's website refused to show pdfs of my bills using FF so I had to use IE. This was several years ago so the problem has probably been rectified.
I'm also more used to IE than FF.
Doctor9fan

Postby Squuiid » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:25 pm

Thanks Jeff. Ignore the haters! We all appreciate the time and effort you are putting into this. Folks forget you don't necessarily have to do this, but your goodwill and commitment to Admuncher is a breath of fresh air. Thank you.
Squuiid

Postby broman.martin » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:24 pm

Squuiid wrote:Thanks Jeff. Ignore the haters! We all appreciate the time and effort you are putting into this. Folks forget you don't necessarily have to do this, but your goodwill and commitment to Admuncher is a breath of fresh air. Thank you.

I agree!! This is NOT a charity organisation ... it also takes time and effort to change how we interact with internet. It doesn't happen just because "we want it to". There are people doing this for us.. even if we pay them for this service, we shouldn't complain just because the crappiest browser has changed something making Ad-muncher not working properly.. also, windows 8+ (including windows 8.1 and IE 11) is just terrible... I used W8 for a while.. terrible!! Don't use IE for anything, unless it is required by your bank or such... everything else can be done by every browser around. If your bank DEMANDS IE in any way, then you should question your bank, NOT ad-muncher.

Ad-muncher, in its current stage, without version 5.x and HTTPS, is making my internet browsing so much more reliable.. I can't imagine browsing internet without it.
I also stated this a year ago, or so... even if IE 5 takes 4-5 years more, as long as it can filter out normal HTTP I will be quite content. Not many sites that require HTTPS. Only my bank, and perhaps 1-2 more... still, 98% of my browsing is STILL FILTERED by ad-muncher; or more.
broman.martin
Wiz

Postby SvS » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:21 am

Jeff wrote: I am telling you we are working on Ad Muncher.

A product under active development with developers not keeping up with new releases of the OS the software is supposed to run on? Developers being clueless about API and architectural changes for products their software is supposed to support and run on? Developers not testing their software with newer versions of the browsers their software is used most often with? You haved missed the beta and preview releases of Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 which have been available for several months before release? You were surprised that there were changes which broke your software which was released more than one year ago? Come on...
SvS

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs