Bad Reviews & Write Ups

Report any Ad Muncher crashes or odd behavior here. Please include your Ad Muncher version and any applicable URLs.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Re: Bad Reviews & Write Ups

Postby Jeff » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:59 am

pegas wrote:
Jeff wrote:not to mention we've had bad experience with most of the people we've contracted work out to in the past, we usually have to redo what they do from scratch anyway.

Confirmed. I recall the huge problems with Advert List updates which were built by someone else (than Jeff). Fortunately it didn't last too long than Jeff took back a reign.

that never happened...

;p

i took over the list from Murray in December of 2004, it's been me ever since.

I'm not sure what you are referring to actually...
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby pegas » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:10 am

Jeff wrote:I'm not sure what you are referring to actually...

OK, listen thus ... Unfortunately I cannot remember when it happened exactly, I only am sure it is more than a few years.

That time I have noticed that after update of the advert list all browsing was crippled, so I contacted you via the IRC channel. You came back with apology that the list was wrongly compiled by someone else and that the list has to be re-writen. You was quite furious about it and said that you will never trust anyone else.

So my conclusion is, either you was right or you lied and obscured the fact that you made the wrong update ... Your conscience.

heh.

that was a one time thing, but not what you think.
pegas
Wiz

Postby JvaTrix » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:50 am

Jeff,

After trying to help, standing by the product and even asking murray to come here and try to make a statement to even help do something for you so that maybe people would settle a bit. I learned I was wasting my time. As I have been doing waiting for the release of version 5. I have heard nothing but excuses and excuses. We have all been promised a video, and many other things related to version 5. Like MANY others Ive grown tired of the crap and joined a competitor and found a program that has support for current browsers, and much more. While you guys suckered me with my lifetime license with promise of version 5. I will retain it till it cant be used anymore on a family members computer. You can tell Murray his reputation and product has been tarnished I will no longer recommend this program to ANYONE. I am not the only one and there is MANY MANY of us out there. I can only hope one day you guys can get your crap situated and make what this product once was.

P.S.
there is no rebuttal unless you have version 5 ready now and it works, cut and dry.
JvaTrix

Postby Jeff » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:31 am

Why would I need a rebuttal?

You are free to install and use whatever you like.
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby streetwolf » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:38 pm

Am I right in my conclusion that Murray is the developer and coder of AM and that Jeff creates the rules? And what is the deal with version 5.0 that is making people irate over it's non-appearance? Is it better than sliced bread or perhaps a better mousetrap. A curious mind needs to know :-)
streetwolf

Postby oldguy69 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:28 am

To me there are two issues that I need improved. They are support for IE 11 and for HTTPS.

Jeff has indicated that those enhancements won't be along until V5 is released. That will make it a better mousetrap to me (and I suspect more than a few others).
oldguy69

Postby bzg » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:41 pm

While we wait for the update, Murry works on getting rid of toast sweat.. ??????????

http://murrayhurps.com/post/82442316389 ... oast-sweat

PS: How is the video going? It's been a month now.
bzg
Addict

Postby bjoswald » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:47 pm

bzg wrote:While we wait for the update, Murry works on getting rid of toast sweat.. ??????????

There is no video. It's just a BS ruse to keep us quiet. I have been using the MVPS HOSTS file - in addition to Ad-Muncher - for sufficient surfing. It's not the best solution, but until the developers stop playing games with our heads (and our wallets), it's the best we can do.
bjoswald
New User

Postby bzg » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:04 pm

bjoswald wrote:
bzg wrote:While we wait for the update, Murry works on getting rid of toast sweat.. ??????????

There is no video. It's just a BS ruse to keep us quiet. I have been using the MVPS HOSTS file - in addition to Ad-Muncher - for sufficient surfing. It's not the best solution, but until the developers stop playing games with our heads (and our wallets), it's the best we can do.

No, that's not the best we can do, the competition can do what AM cannot.
It's time for me to say goodby to Admuncher.
bzg
Addict

Postby Jeff » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:07 pm

bzg wrote:
bjoswald wrote:

No, that's not the best we can do, the competition can do what AM cannot.
It's time for me to say goodby to Admuncher.

We hate to see anyone leave but you are free to do so.

We'll continue working as hard as we can and maybe you'll be back someday. :)
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby bzg » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:52 am

Jeff, In my honest opinion you are doing a great job and always have, except for being secretive about status to your customers. Murray on the other hand I'm not so sure about. I know that you have to take up for him and AM but don't you think this has gone a little far? It's time to let your customers know what's really going on, we're not dumb. No hard feelings and maybe I will return some day, but for now I say goodby.
bzg
Addict

Postby JvaTrix » Mon May 19, 2014 4:17 pm

Its been over a month since my last post and I seen Murray has gone full force on StartupAUS, and in the meantime Admuncher pages don't load took me directly typing url to get here. I also noticed people complaining about being able to get updates as it fails to update (some I addressed in the past). It been ages now and Murray STILL HASN'T shown (or made) the video he said he would. If I was a new customer that wouldn't be very promising. Then maybe that's the whole plan is to cut out new people and filter out the old who don't have lifetime licenses. Its not even been year since I got my lifetime license and all those years I paid for a yearly. I wish I could post something positive but how can one when you have this. :x
JvaTrix

Previous

Return to Bugs