Bad Reviews & Write Ups

Report any Ad Muncher crashes or odd behavior here. Please include your Ad Muncher version and any applicable URLs.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Bad Reviews & Write Ups

Postby JvaTrix » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:53 pm

Jeff, The reason Im re-bringing up the same issue is while the issue maybe "shut down" here its running wild elsewhere and many people are not happy with the answer being given. Ill explain.

1. Nothing has been addressed on the main page/current site to give new users notice that current product does not work with IE11. While sure there is Firefox and chrome etc It states "all versions of IE" I would be a unhappy user if I bought it knowing it does not state it does not currently work with IE11.
2. While the answer has been given to use other browsers (if your a 8.1 user) or dont upgrade to IE 11 on older OS's. This can be a reasonable answer except your telling customers to use other products to support your product. You should be supporting their not yours.
3. I (as a lifetime license user) feel while the update is being worked on (per say) more could be done to address these issues. Such as the front page and Murray could be apart of things here as he used to be and give us users some direction and input on things and while we appreciate your work with daily updates and other things Murray needs to decide if ad muncher is still in his sight. I noticed he still working on Leap touch as recently as November with release 2.0.
4. Heres a example of what is being said below on other forums and while you cant help what's being said .. as every product has is haters .. its all over the place and growing more and more. With lack of front page updates and "it is what it is" thinking and Murray no where to be found. I really do have to question. what's really going on. Customers want confidence in a product.

Competitors Gain https://forum.adguard.com/showthread.php?986-Just-Moved-from-Competitor-(Adguard-vs-Ad-Muncher)
Admuncher Alternatives http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1186237-admuncher-alternatives-no-ie11-support/
JvaTrix

Re: Bad Reviews & Write Ups

Postby Jeff » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:04 pm

I'm aware of all of these things.

There's nothing else to be done currently.

There's no point in Murray repeating what I've already said...

We are working are fingers to the bone on every aspect of Ad Muncher currently please just be patient.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby bzg » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:31 pm

People are starting to doubt your honesty on this issue.
bzg
Addict

Postby Jeff » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:10 pm

there's nothing I can do about that.
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby bzg » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:39 am

Is Murry helping you with this project anymore or are you now the only one?
bzg
Addict

Postby Jeff » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:50 am

lol

you don't know how funny that is.

This is both Murray's and my full time job.
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby LisaSimpson » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:14 pm

-
Last edited by LisaSimpson on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LisaSimpson
Wiz

Postby Jeff » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:57 pm

during that time other versions of Ad Muncher were released with portions of the v5.x rewrite included.
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby JvaTrix » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:55 am

Jeff I notice you were getting hammered pretty bad in wilders about the admuncher front page and the release of 5. People were asking for proof of things and what have you. Since you are more the PR person and the updater etc.. How come Murray has not come and defended anything with you?

I dont think it’s a factor of him saying the same thing you would say I think it’s a matter of he is more the developer and coming from him would have alot more weight. Jeff you do a good job with updates and getting things out in a timely manner and answering support questions but theres just something things Murray has to do himself. I also am aware hes been working on his projects (startup muster etc) and has said he needed some flexibility on release times.

I have asked him to come here and give a official statement about things cause its only fare to you and everyone whats going on. You have been getting hammered and if this is going to save this project from more people bailing (including me) we need hope, I bought a lifetime license just before internet explorer 11 came out and have been buying yearly licenses for years. I hope my purchase wasn’t a waste which im starting to feel like it really was.
JvaTrix

Postby pegas » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:22 am

I am glad that the thread on Wilders has finally been locked. The thread was full of rubbish at Jeff and became an advertisement space of Adguard having been managed by a single haughty and egoistic user.

Jeff, you know that already but repetition is the mother of wisdom ... there's still a lot of users who support you and AM! Do not give up!
pegas
Wiz

Postby ProTruckDriver » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:06 pm

I agree pegas, that thread at Wilders was getting out of control and I'm glad they closed it. I tried Adguards free trial and lost my internet connection after a reboot. Had to System Restore. I haven't had any major problems with AM. I'm still hanging in there with AM. :)
The world is full of nice people…… If you can’t find one, be one. :)
Karma what goes around comes around. Keep your circle ‘Positive’ ;)
ProTruckDriver
Addict

Postby JvaTrix » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:24 am

Jeff and whom ever else.

As alot of us know and have been in this ever going battle about the status of V5 and what and if such exists. Some of us have gone to Murrays twitter and asked him directly and have received some promising news yet still left sitting in the bad as to where things stand. Also as recent Jeff has been attacked here and several other forums about the status of V5 and the current status of the websites front page. Due to some wording that states it works on all browsers when currently it does not. Many feel it should state "it does not currently work on blah blah" and an update is being worked on in the future. However due to the lack of releases and the major delay of version 5 many also feel stating that a current release or update coming would be also stating false information.

At this current time according to Jeff they are working on a new release and it will be released before you know it and some delays have occurred for instance the coding in IE11. Murray has stated on twitter similar issues and he cannot maintain a timeframe due to being able to hold it and needs flexibility. He recently has stated he will be making a video to give a heads up about some of the new features. It has been a couple weeks. Murray has also been working on several side projects that keep him busy. So this also has taken away some of his time. I a few days ago after another forum really gave Jeff a punishment about Admucher and the Admuncher website I sent Murray a request on his twitter in hopes he could come back here and give some kind of status and maybe help take some of this load off Jeff after all Murray is the main developer. As Jeff does a great job on filters, and tech support. While again I was happy he responded I felt my request I got back was lackluster. The issue isn’t about him saying the same thing Jeff does, it’s about being able to give real information so Jeff can have some of the attention off his back and be able to get back to doing his stuff and things can be back to normal per say. After the pressure that Jeff has been under and your business is getting pounded and your reputation is getting hammered I would hope something would get done and things would be better. Anyways heres my msg that was sent to Murray and the response. I will let you all decide based on things. I want to make note here I am not bashing anyone I am trying to support and even help Jeff here as I feel he has been getting the brunt of this crap. I also am a lifetime license user.

JvaTrix

Postby goldentequila » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:18 am

I have a mixed feeling about this whole issue. On one hand, I'm supportive of admuncher because I've been using it for many years and even purchased a lifetime license. On the other hand, I don't think the way they've handled this issue is quite professional. Repeating "just be patient" to customers who have already waited for months and justifying the delay by stating how busy the developer is with other projects doesn't meet the professional standard of business. I think admuncher needs someone with a business degree that can better streamline its operation. For example, when a company grows over time, increased work load is a projected norm, which includes issues such as the compatibility issue that we've been facing for many months. With adequately managed operations, such issues are handled more professionally. If the amount of work becomes more than a single developer can handle, a responsible thing to do is to hire an additional programmer to meet the quota. It is never ok to put it on customers and just let them suffer for an extended period of time. As you're already seeing, with this kind of approach, you just lose customer pools, which ends up hurting your business in the long run (it's really hard to win back customers once they walk away). On the other hand, while I can understand that you'd rather minimize costs and maximize your benefits, taking on a cost to adequately address the issue on a timely manner actually leads to a far better investment because it leads to satisfied customers who remain loyal to you, which also leads to better reputation, increased customer pool, and more customers starting to pay for subscriptions. With the way it stands currently, by the time you release the update, you will have already hurt the business far more than however much money you think you saved by just trying to do it without hiring help.
goldentequila

Postby Jeff » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:51 am

goldentequila wrote:I have a mixed feeling about this whole issue. On one hand, I'm supportive of admuncher because I've been using it for many years and even purchased a lifetime license. On the other hand, I don't think the way they've handled this issue is quite professional. Repeating "just be patient" to customers who have already waited for months and justifying the delay by stating how busy the developer is with other projects doesn't meet the professional standard of business. I think admuncher needs someone with a business degree that can better streamline its operation. For example, when a company grows over time, increased work load is a projected norm, which includes issues such as the compatibility issue that we've been facing for many months. With adequately managed operations, such issues are handled more professionally. If the amount of work becomes more than a single developer can handle, a responsible thing to do is to hire an additional programmer to meet the quota. It is never ok to put it on customers and just let them suffer for an extended period of time. As you're already seeing, with this kind of approach, you just lose customer pools, which ends up hurting your business in the long run (it's really hard to win back customers once they walk away). On the other hand, while I can understand that you'd rather minimize costs and maximize your benefits, taking on a cost to adequately address the issue on a timely manner actually leads to a far better investment because it leads to satisfied customers who remain loyal to you, which also leads to better reputation, increased customer pool, and more customers starting to pay for subscriptions. With the way it stands currently, by the time you release the update, you will have already hurt the business far more than however much money you think you saved by just trying to do it without hiring help.

hiring programmers is expensive.

We don't have the money to hire anyone else. We aren't doing it to "save" money so we can buy more bling for ourselves...

not to mention we've had bad experience with most of the people we've contracted work out to in the past, we usually have to redo what they do from scratch anyway.

If you know any skilled programmers who want to work pro bono give them our email.

I doubt such a person exists though.
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby pegas » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:52 am

Jeff wrote:not to mention we've had bad experience with most of the people we've contracted work out to in the past, we usually have to redo what they do from scratch anyway.

Confirmed. I recall the huge problems with Advert List updates which were built by someone else (than Jeff). Fortunately it didn't last too long than Jeff took back a reign.
pegas
Wiz

Next

Return to Bugs