Problems using admuncher with unsupported XPS on Chrome

Report any Ad Muncher crashes or odd behavior here. Please include your Ad Muncher version and any applicable URLs.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Problems using admuncher with unsupported XPS on Chrome

Postby tangrene » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:46 am

I know, I know...what a stupid thing to use a unsupported operating system that Chrome no longer supports. :-) BUT...I have my reasons on this particular PC...

Just wanted to tell you just in case other idiots are out there trying to access Admuncher's web site and/or use a "registered" version of Admuncher. While my laptop has run with no problems getting updates or using Admuncher...I had some writing/gaming to do on an older WinXP that also used Admuncher (older registered version). Assumed my problem with Admuncher turning red and not connecting with Chrome no longer supporting WinXP. But couldn't figure out why I couldn't even open the Admuncher web site with Chrome. ANYWAYS...just wanted to say I was able to use Firefox to download and install the FREE version and am able to update it. But The Admuncher web site will not load and will not run from within Chrome anymore on XP machines.

Maybe it will save some folks who thought Admuncher was no more (as I did for a little while after reading a report that Admuncher was now considered Abandonware.

I would be happy to keep paying for"registering" Admuncher if it is NOT called abandonware AND the issue with the new Google ad changes are being addressed by Admuncher in the future.
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2527 Mhz
tangrene

Re: Problems using admuncher with unsupported XPS on Chrome

Postby mplynch » Tue May 03, 2016 7:18 am

Jeff was the best and has stayed with this to the very end. He has my utmost respect and I hope he is able to put his many talents to use elsewhere.

I have moved on. I will always have a soft spot for AM, and I paid for 3 lifetime licenses in the day. I was a hold-out for a very long time, but have since moved over to AG.

Jeff, the service you provided over the years has been incredible, way beyond what could be reasonably expected. You were always very honest and straightforward (to the best of what you knew). I will say I expected more from Murray. He left you out to dry, and killed what was the premier ad-blocking program out there.
mplynch
Addict

Re: Problems using admuncher with unsupported XPS on Chrome

Postby Jeff » Wed May 04, 2016 6:43 am

I envy your ability to move on. truly.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Return to Bugs