Admuncher a bit too pricey?

Post your wishes here. We will consider all posts for future versions.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Admuncher a bit too pricey?

Postby Ian Loginov » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:22 pm

I was considering this product after running the trial, I like it!

However I need to cover multiple PC's in my home that I use, and I find the licensing to be extremely expensive, even with a 50% off coupon. Since these are mostly used by me, or my children, I don't think I can justify $319.00 for something that is similar, is free (adblock, etc). I do like the principle of filtering at the port level, and the speed increase it should offer, I want to buy the product but considering $319.00 is more than the cost of some of my PC's this is a bit..

I would like to see a 'family pack' offer, for example up to 5 PC's in a single household, from a single IP address for a reasonable, affordable price, perhaps $59 or something. I recently purchased Bullguard for my entire home, to cover all of the PC's for 3 years it was only $43.00, I consider that very reasonable, and affordable. However admuncher pricing seems more like enterprise level of pricing, out of the affordability for home users.

Is this something you might consider? I'd rather pay you $40-$50 then nothing at all, and that this point it's either a nominal household fee, or nothing at all. You are losing money by having a price that is well beyond what most people can muster for an adblocker.
Ian Loginov
New User

Re: Admuncher a bit too pricey?

Postby Jeff » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:39 pm

I'm afraid not.

first it's not based on your IP address it's based on your computer hardware.

second with the 50% off discount we believe it's an absolute steal.

Also, when purchasing 2 or more licenses there are additional discounts, that the 50% off promo gets stacked on top of so it may be even cheaper than you first thought.

also you can minimize the price by switch from premium to basic.

the length of the license also affects the price.

try playing with it and seeing if you can get it to a price you're willing to pay.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby Ian Loginov » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:09 am

I am a bit shy of products with hardware based activation. A lot of companies base it on the name of the computer. The problem is, I am constantly re-imaging/snapshotting computers, and routinely upgrade hardware. What happens when I do that? For example hitmanpro killed my license for too many activations, yet their own logs proved they never went outside of my IP address, only that hardware changed, and the products were never executed outside of my home, and were never installed on more then the licensed machines. It required lengthy support tickets and responses back and forth, and me having to 'convince' them I wasn't a pirate. This is after paying $60 for 5 PC's over 3 years, which proves I am a legit customer.

How does Admuncher handle these matters? One of the reasons I paid for a 5 PC, 3 year license to Bullguard was in order to activate it I need my email address and password, and I can install it anywhere I want as long as I do not exceed 5 logins each time the product checks for updates. I can log in to their website and deactivate a PC and activate a new one, as long as I do not exceed 5 PC's. This means I can reinstall/reformat/upgrade hardware as much as I want without hassle. Otherwise I would have been extremely cautious about purchasing the product.

The cheapest I can get Admuncher is $135.00 for 4 PC's, Lifetime. That's pretty excessive unfortunately, especially when I can continue to use free solutions. The most expensive piece of software I have purchased in the last 3 years was RollbackRX for 5 PC's $124.00 (lifetime) but I consider that an essential tool, and use it constantly to save major hassles with system screwups, or bad installations, etc. I am not trying to be difficult here, just saying I think you need to have a 'family' type of license for a reasonable price for situations such as mine. Win Patrol for example has a 'family and relatives' license which allows sharing among your family. (Grandparents, etc) Very liberable policy which definately encourages purchase. I have been marketing manager, and later COO of a fairly major software development company. I can tell you that there is a magical price point where you go from sales, to massive sales. As a non-essential tool I would think the price points for AM would be considerably less. "Fences" is a program I consider absolutely essential on windows machines, and it's $4.99. I happen to be privy to some sales numbers at Stardock, and they have sold nearly a million dollars worth of that tiny product alone. Any higher, most people wouldn't buy it. How many sales does Admuncher lose because of price points?

Suggestion: Lower price of licenses in the 3-5 PC range, which covers most households, and not businesses. The scaling I believe goes up a bit too fast. I am trying to buy the product, but cannot justify $135.00 for a non-essential tool. Sadly. I'd toss about half that your way for a 4-5 PC lifetime (right this very moment in fact), but no more. It is unfortunate as I love the idea of filtering ads at the port80 level.
Ian Loginov
New User

Postby Ian Loginov » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:20 am

I checked around, lots of forums people say they'd buy it if the price point was lower;

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthre ... =admuncher

Please consider this...
Ian Loginov
New User

Postby Jeff » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:42 am

The 50% promo we are running is the lower price.

it's an absolutely fantastic deal.

Ad Muncher is an essential tool for everyone, it's not just a toy. :)

after the end of the year it's going back up.
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby max » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:51 pm

I agree with you on some point but to be fair this program gets some of the best support known to exist. So I think it is worth it.

Just keep wondering if a iOS and Android version come out do you have to pay for it again if you have a unlimited updates license?
max
Wiz

Postby Jeff » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:17 am

It will be a separate product.
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby max » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:16 am

Jeff wrote:It will be a separate product.

Ok thanks hopefully it will be as good as the desktop version of Ad Muncher! Though I expect bugs and a little bit of testing with the first release of it. Though hopefully after a while it will be just as good.
max
Wiz

Postby Jeff » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:09 pm

We will make it as good as it possibly can be. :)
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby alex14469 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:07 am

I purchased AdMuncher Premium for my PC after using Regular version for a year. I was also considering purchasing more copies for other computers in my home. Eventually I decided to install AdBlock on the other computers due to lack of SSL support. If that feature was added I would be willing to pay 40$ per licence because I think that this program is well worth the money but without SSL support I don't think I will be renewing my subscription. With that said I really hope you guys find a way to filter ads on sites like Youtube, Google Search, Gmail, Hotmail etc...
alex14469
New User

Return to Wish-list