Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Post your wishes here. We will consider all posts for future versions.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Re: Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Postby gate1975mlm » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Jeff wrote:We don't want to be locked into anything when things are still changing.

when we are close to releasing an alpha or beta then screen shots may appear.


Sounds good :)
gate1975mlm
Addict
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Re: Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Postby Davebo » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:05 pm

Jeff wrote:We don't want to be locked into anything when things are still changing.

when we are close to releasing an alpha or beta then screen shots may appear.


Not even close to an Alpha release. Unbelievable. It's Duke Nuk'em all over again...

gate1975mlm wrote:
Maybe there is no reason to release a screenshot of Ad Muncher 5 perhaps because it still has the same old out dated UI? Really hope that is not the reason :wink:

I am hoping Ad Muncher 5 will have a much needed modern UI kind of like how one of Ad Munchers competitors has.


Do tell? I'm interested in modern ad blockers. PM if you'd rather...
Davebo
Wiz
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 1:24 pm

Re: Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Postby Jeff » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Duke Nukem was released, so that's a poor example...
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
User avatar
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:16 am
Location: California, United States

Re: Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Postby Davebo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:29 pm

Jeff wrote:Duke Nukem was released, so that's a poor example...


After how long? And why is it a poor example - do you have plans to 'never' release this?
Davebo
Wiz
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 1:24 pm

Re: Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Postby Jeff » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:33 pm

You should pick something that wasn't released to prove your point.

if we release it then that's how long it took, vs us not releasing anything because we are lying...

It's taking as long as it takes because of the resources we have.

I don't know what else you expect us to do.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
User avatar
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:16 am
Location: California, United States

Re: Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Postby Xoligy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi Jeff sorry for awakening this thread but from what ive read so far the code is complete and you are working on the GUi so im curious why its taking so long and why its such a big secret when its going to be released or even when there is going to be an alpha?

I think i speak for many when i say https is becoming a problem and making admuncher seem dated and useless as it no longer blocks "all ads" like advertised.
Xoligy
Active Member
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Re: Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Postby qwertz123456 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:47 pm

Xoligy wrote:Hi Jeff sorry for awakening this thread but from what ive read so far the code is complete and you are working on the GUi so im curious why its taking so long and why its such a big secret when its going to be released or even when there is going to be an alpha?

I think i speak for many when i say https is becoming a problem and making admuncher seem dated and useless as it no longer blocks "all ads" like advertised.



+1
qwertz123456
Addict
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Re: Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Postby Jeff » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:56 pm

v5.x as a whole is taking this long.

Every aspect is being rewritten from scratch in a new language.

We are a tiny company and it's a lot of work.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
User avatar
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:16 am
Location: California, United States

Re: Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Postby Xoligy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:01 pm

Sorry but that does not answer the question.

In one post you said the code was nearly completed and you were working on the GUi and that alpha would "possibly" come in summer which has been and gone now, now your saying your still re-writing the code and your just a small company so its taking a long time, so as you can see im confused as to where you are in the development stage.

You have either already re-written the code, or you have not and ad muncher is just dated now.

by Jeff » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:22 pm

Almost everything is done but for the new User Interface which we are working on now.

When that is finished we will assemble it and fix all of the obvious bugs and then release it as an alpha or beta.

If all goes as planned we could see a beta before summer. :)

No promises of course, we have high standards.
Xoligy
Active Member
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Re: Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Postby Jeff » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:32 pm

After we finish one portion there always seems to be more portions that need to be done.

Clearly we aren't good at estimating an ETA.

We've done a huge amount of work on v5.x

We just don't know how long it will take to finish.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
User avatar
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:16 am
Location: California, United States

Re: Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Postby Xoligy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:01 pm

But, you said all portions were complete last year and you were working on the gui this is my point.

All im getting from these responses and all the ones over the past year is more disappointment and an adblocker that can not fully function because its "dated".

I'll leave this thread i guess because if people asking for over a year have gotten no-where then quite simply im not going to get anywhere either am i? Its quite sad that a free adblocker works better than one i paid a premium price for, if im honest i feel like ive been robbed as it simply does not work as intended.

I'll check back in what? A years time maybe it will of been released then and i'll see something for my money.
Xoligy
Active Member
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Re: Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Postby Jeff » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:13 pm

I wasn't very clear then.

There are many portions that need to be done still.

I am sorry I can't be more specific than that.

We are working as fast and as hard as we can.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
User avatar
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:16 am
Location: California, United States

Re: Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Postby Xoligy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:03 pm

Can i suggest you update your website seeing as it now makes false claims?

Admuncher does not just work as it does not support https, it also does not block all ads because again it can not block https as for excellent support i have failed to see it in regard to getting information about https support other than "its coming and were working hard, we can not give ANY information about this as we simply do not have it" which kind of reminds me when i was in school telling the teacher id done my homework/coursework when quite honestly i had not.

Sorry Jeff, but kind of disappointed especially when i have paid a premium price for some software that makes bold claims then it simply does not do the job as advertised and your not willing to divulge any information.

Secrecy is not the solution all its doing is annoying people that have supported the application.
Xoligy
Active Member
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Re: Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Postby Jeff » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:09 pm

we have never claimed to filter HTTPS...
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
User avatar
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:16 am
Location: California, United States

Re: Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Postby Xoligy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:15 pm

Jeff wrote:we have never claimed to filter HTTPS...

Do you claim your application blocks all ads?
Does your application block all ads?
Can you prove it on a website with https?

Awaits another crappy response...
Xoligy
Active Member
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Wish-list

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest