Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Post your wishes here. We will consider all posts for future versions.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Re: Sneak peak at v5.0 ?

Postby Jeff » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:21 pm

sophistry at its finest. :)

Clearly the list of things that something doesn't support will always be larger then the things it does support.

We can only be called out on the things we DO list and claim to support. i.e. in the affirmative.

v5.x is coming as fast as it can... there's simply nothing else we can do to make it go faster.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby Xoligy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:35 pm

Jeff wrote:We can only be called out on the things we DO list and claim to support. i.e. in the affirmative.

Oh Jeff, i am calling you out on something you DO claim to support and is affirmative on your website, it quite clearly states that admuncher your application blocks all ads it does not state anywhere that it has issues with any sites or security and here i am now asking you to prove this yet the only responses you ever give are smart ass ones and "you have to wait for the new version which we have been promising for x years and we still dont have a dead line for".

So my question again according to your website admuncher blocks ALL ads can you prove this or is it a false statement/advertising ploy?
Xoligy

Postby Jeff » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:38 pm

That clearly implies on sites we can actually filter.

Or you could claim linux has ads, or smart TV's or iphones...

And frankly. There's nothing we can do about it until v5.x

So all of this gets us where exactly? :)
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby Xoligy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:48 pm

See what i mean with the smart ass answers so your declining to answer my question then Jeff? (this is the excellent support at work folks declining to answer any questions and be a smart ass after all they have your money now...)

Does admuncher block all ads like the website claims or not?

Here let me answer for you.

While this might of been true once it is no longer true im afraid to say, you see as the internet has changed and it changes daily with new scripts and security coming out we have not. We stuck by our guns and fell really far behind! But dont panic! We are going to catch up with all the young hip internet freaks, well maybe one day we will if we ever stop using a stone and chisel to code with.

Sorry Jeff but you have put me right off recommending your product to anyone ad im really disappointed with the support and your service where you treat people like crap specially when they paid you for a product.

-One unhappy customer.
Xoligy

Postby Jeff » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:17 pm

HTTPS has always been around so it's never applied to it.

We are doing the best we can, what else is there to say?

If you guys don't have constructive criticism or something new to say I'm going to close this thread.

we are merely running around in a circle.
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby Xoligy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:15 pm

Jeff wrote:we are merely running around in a circle.

Yes we are Jeff but what do you expect when you're do everything you can do to avoid answering a question including posting smart assed responses?

If you want to close the thread then please do because its pointless the thread being open you dont tell anyone anything regarding development thats been going on for over a year other than "it takes time" and you just treat people that paid for the product like crap and tell them its coming soon even though like i said development has been going on for over a year. You even posted last year it was close to being done and the gui was being worked on, but this year its another story that its no-where near completion, tbh ive lost faith in the development of the application and dont see v5 being released till after 2015, hell maybe even 2020 at this rate! But until you DO finally release v5 it will just be the same crap with you being a smart ass and avoiding your paying customers questions regarding the update.

So, long story short is admuncher can not deal with https and while more sites are using it on a daily basis admuncher becomes more useless my lifetime subscription is now useless.
Xoligy

Postby Jeff » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:19 pm

I don't have any answers for you.

At least none that will satisfy you.

I'm sorry this is the how it is. I'd change it if I could.
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby AkbarRi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:04 pm

Back to the Topic, what we know so far?!

AdMuncher v5.x :
- HTTP 1.1 and Gzip Support -> viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5&start=45#p58549
- HTTPS Filtering -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29341#p59958
- IE11 Support -> viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29261&start=60#p60016
- Anti-Social (Widgets, Buttons, etc) -> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29363#p60124
[ Blink, Gecko, Presto, Webkit + AdMuncher + Squid + Bind ]
AkbarRi
Wiz

Postby upsignal » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:54 pm

From all these posts, we can conclude we goddamn love this program :). We need it so much that we can't stand the silence. That's a good thing. Means it will be a mega success when it comes out. Wish you all the luck Jeff and also your team
upsignal

Postby Davebo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:47 pm

Not even a screenshot?

Now that IS fishy.
Davebo
Wiz

Postby L.F. » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:08 pm

Sorry Jeff, I like you and AM, but I call BS.

Here's what this looks like to me: You're the only real programmer in this "company", and you're busy doing other things. You're not working on AM, but you "might" return to it someday. You also like selling more licenses for it. So You keep us all in suspense, with these vague statements, hoping we're dumb enough to stick around until you're ready to continue development of AM someday... maybe.
I may be wrong, and I'd prefer to be, but there is no evidence that I am.

Also...
I'm not a programmer. But I know a few of them and I asked them a simple question: How long would it take a single good programmer to make a program similar to ad muncher?
The answer? 2-3 years. Tops.
So the only way to logically explain the complete lack of ANY EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER of AM v5 in the last 2-3 years is... it's just not being developed.

And to top it off, you're completely oblivious to the fact that your competition is stealing your customers FAST... or is it that you just don't care?
Did you know that goggling ad muncher drops a link on the 1st page from to your competition's forum where frustrated ex AM users say how glad they are they switched ad blockers?
Is this really the kind of publicity you want?

And all this could have been avoided, if you only treated your paying customers better.
Don't get me wrong, I love AM, but I've also tried the competition lately, and to be honest they're better in every way at the moment. So the thing keeping us, your faithful customers, here is not the "best ad remover" anymore... it's our love of the program and our faith in you. And you seem to be hell bent on betraying that faith.

It's really not that hard. Give us ANY PROOF WHATSOEVER that v5 is on the way... or you may just find that once you do finish v5, there may not be any more users to sell it to.
L.F.

Postby LisaSimpson » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:51 pm

L.F., you right on all points but one...Jeff not programmer...he is list updater.

Also, Murray is only coder and he not visit forums since NOV 2013 and before that MAR 2013.

Last visited:Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:24 am

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2

His last post was SEP 2012. That tell you how much he care about ad muncher.

search.php?author_id=2&sr=posts

AM5 keep being promised and promised and promised with no proof of existing. Jeff keep yelling at user and talking down them when questioned about the developer lack of presence and no update on status. Even Murray work on other project if you follow his twitter. Jeff not able use excuse "Murray too busy to post" since he clearly post multiple times per day to twitter.

https://twitter.com/Murray

He busy on so many other project he clearly have no time for ad muncher. Everyone attack me if u want but the evidence speaks for itself. I want to continue love ad muncher but cant because of constant lie and broken promise with no evidence of update in sight. Yes AM still work but it has died for some time. Only thing it see now is update to lists. Murray too busy with other project and twitter it seem!!!!! :( :( :(

Now I expect Jeff lock this thread to silence us like he always do :!: :!: :!: He not like truth being on display.
LisaSimpson
Wiz

Postby bzg » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:36 pm

Lf and Lisa, we're all starting to think the same thing. Jeff is trying to milk a dead cow.
bzg
Addict

Postby Jeff » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:38 pm

Stop spreading FUD.

You aren't helping.

I work 12 hours a day on Ad Muncher.

You need to be patient.
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby bzg » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:09 pm

I love AM, have been a user for several years, have 2 licenses now. I want to believe you, I really do. With you not being forthcoming with any type of beta or anything of merit makes believing you hard. It's been several years of broken promises. Not trying to spread fud, just being honest.
bzg
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Wish-list