Its finally here Ad Muncher 5!

Post your wishes here. We will consider all posts for future versions.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Re: Its finally here Ad Muncher 5!

Postby ProTruckDriver » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:20 am

qwertz123456 wrote:Will there be a version 5?


Jeff wrote:it sure does to those who don't use IE11... which is a very large percentage..

but yes we need IE11 support. I wish it could be done faster.

this is purely a resource issue. I don't know how to fix it.


As soon as Jeff figures out how to fix it. :wink:
The world is full of nice people…… If you can’t find one, be one. :)
Karma what goes around comes around. Keep your circle ‘Positive’ ;)
User avatar
ProTruckDriver
Addict
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:54 am
Location: Cheaspeake, Virginia

Re: Its finally here Ad Muncher 5!

Postby qwertz123456 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:47 pm

Spartan the new Browser and AdMuncher is the same as IE 11. ;-(
qwertz123456
Addict
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Re: Its finally here Ad Muncher 5!

Postby LisaSimpson » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:24 pm

qwertz123456 wrote:Spartan the new Browser and AdMuncher is the same as IE 11. ;-(


You expect they care?
LisaSimpson
Wiz
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: Its finally here Ad Muncher 5!

Postby Jeff » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:27 pm

LisaSimpson wrote:
qwertz123456 wrote:Spartan the new Browser and AdMuncher is the same as IE 11. ;-(


You expect they care?


Stop saying crap like that.

it has NOTHING to do with caring and everything to do with lack of resources.

No one wants IE 11 support more than I. NO ONE.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
User avatar
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:16 am
Location: California, United States

Re: Its finally here Ad Muncher 5!

Postby qwertz123456 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:21 pm

Does AdMuncher Support Microsoft Edge?
qwertz123456
Addict
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Re: Its finally here Ad Muncher 5!

Postby Jeff » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:23 am

anything newer than IE10 that uses the same security model as IE11 will most likely automatically not be supported....

you can easily test this by adding that new browser to the filter targets tab inside Ad Muncher...

also run Ad Muncher as admin.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
User avatar
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:16 am
Location: California, United States

Admuncher and Windows 10/MS EDGE - was Re: Its finally here

Postby cmkrnl » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:22 am

Jeff wrote:anything newer than IE10 that uses the same security model as IE11 will most likely automatically not be supported....

you can easily test this by adding that new browser to the filter targets tab inside Ad Muncher...

also run Ad Muncher as admin.


It's been a while since I've logged on here, Here's a workaround.

Download and install the win32 version of Privoxy.
Remove all of its filtering config, so it's listening just as a pure non caching proxy
Add Prixoxy as a filtering target in Admuncher.

Configure the proxy server settings in whatever (IE11, Edge, Android)

If you configure Privoxy to listen on localhost only with Windows 10, read this first to ensure successful operation

http://gavinb.net/2015/07/06/browsing-l ... soft-edge/

Enjoy adfree surfing on your whole network :-)


Greg
cmkrnl
New User
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:34 pm

Re: Admuncher and Windows 10/MS EDGE - was Re: Its finally h

Postby TurboDog » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:42 am

cmkrnl wrote:Download and install the win32 version of Privoxy.

Greg,

This is an excellent workaround for IE11 and Edge. It works perfectly for Windows 8.1 and 10.

The setup is very easy:

1. Install Privoxy. In the Main Configuration file (config.txt) set 'toggle 0' (section 4.2)

2. In Ad Muncher (Options -> Filter Targets), set 'My filter targets' to:

-*:*
+privoxy:*

3. In IE/Edge (Tools -> Internet options -> Connections -> LAN settings -> Proxy server), enable 'Use a proxy server...' and set Address: 127.0.0.1 Port: 8118
TurboDog
New User
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:35 am

Re: Admuncher and Windows 10/MS EDGE - was Re: Its finally h

Postby qwertz123456 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:49 pm

cmkrnl wrote:
Jeff wrote:anything newer than IE10 that uses the same security model as IE11 will most likely automatically not be supported....

you can easily test this by adding that new browser to the filter targets tab inside Ad Muncher...

also run Ad Muncher as admin.


It's been a while since I've logged on here, Here's a workaround.

Download and install the win32 version of Privoxy.
Remove all of its filtering config, so it's listening just as a pure non caching proxy
Add Prixoxy as a filtering target in Admuncher.

Configure the proxy server settings in whatever (IE11, Edge, Android)

If you configure Privoxy to listen on localhost only with Windows 10, read this first to ensure successful operation

http://gavinb.net/2015/07/06/browsing-l ... soft-edge/

Enjoy adfree surfing on your whole network :-)


Greg


Great News but all modern apps in Windows 8/8.1 or 10 doesn ' t work with an local Proxy. ;-)
qwertz123456
Addict
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Re: Admuncher and Windows 10/MS EDGE - was Re: Its finally h

Postby Jeff » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:09 am

qwertz123456 wrote:Great News but all modern apps in Windows 8/8.1 or 10 doesn ' t work with an local Proxy. ;-)


did you try it?

it works.

it's not doing what you think it's doing.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
User avatar
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:16 am
Location: California, United States

Re: Admuncher and Windows 10/MS EDGE - was Re: Its finally h

Postby qwertz123456 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:37 pm

Jeff wrote:
qwertz123456 wrote:Great News but all modern apps in Windows 8/8.1 or 10 doesn ' t work with an local Proxy. ;-)


did you try it?

it works.

it's not doing what you think it's doing.



Yes i try it.

Store App
Weather App
News App does not work with an localy Proxy.

Any Workarounds?
qwertz123456
Addict
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Re: Its finally here Ad Muncher 5!

Postby Jeff » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:42 pm

Did you test Microsoft Edge...since that's what we are talking about...
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
User avatar
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:16 am
Location: California, United States

Re: Its finally here Ad Muncher 5!

Postby qwertz123456 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Jeff wrote:Did you test Microsoft Edge...since that's what we are talking about...


Yes Edge and IE 11 works greate.
qwertz123456
Addict
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Re: Its finally here Ad Muncher 5!

Postby Jeff » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:13 pm

thank you. :)
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
User avatar
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer
 
Posts: 6119
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:16 am
Location: California, United States

Re: Its finally here Ad Muncher 5!

Postby qwertz123456 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:22 pm

qwertz123456
Addict
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:28 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Wish-list

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest