Tech support remain the same after Ad Muncher goes Free?

Post your wishes here. We will consider all posts for future versions.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Tech support remain the same after Ad Muncher goes Free?

Postby gate1975mlm » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:17 pm

Hello I am a long time paying Ad Muncher user. I have 3 life time licenses in fact.

Now that Ad Muncher is going to be 100% Free soon is anyone here kind of worried that the great tech support that Ad Muncher offers will go away? What I mean by great tech support is for example when ever I run into a web site with an issue most of the time after I report it Ad Muncher usually e mails me back within 24 hours or so and usually fixes or has a workaround for the issue at hand. I am getting a little worried that this may change in the near future.

Also as a paying user I have to admit I am very disappointed with the lack of new features being added over the years to Ad Muncher. There are many features missing from Ad Muncher that are really needed like HTTPS filtering for just 1 example. And most of Ad Munchers competitors already have HTTPS filtering. Yes I know HTTPS filtering is coming in Ad Muncher 5 but when the heck is Version 5 coming out? I am so disappointed that I I am even trying out another ad blocker called AdGuard just to see if it's any better then Ad Muncher. I have always been loyal to Ad Muncher and would like to continue using Ad Muncher but I have to be honest that I am very upset right now with the state of Ad Muncher. With the short time I have used AdGuard I think it has a very nice modern user interface and yes it does have HTTPS filtering. However AdGuard also blocks a lot of things on web sites that I visit that should not be blocked by default. On a lot of these sites Ad muncher used to also block these same things but I have reports these sites in the past and Ad Muncher thankfully does not blocks these item on those web sites anymore thanks to there wonderful tech support "Jeff" to be exact :) So if I did switch to AdGuard I most likely would have to report a lot of the same web sites that I got fixed in Ad Muncher :( And for all know AdGuard may not even want to fix these web sites by default like Ad Muncher did for me. Like the saying goes the grass is not always greener on the other side :) So anyway I think AdGuard looks more modern and has more features then Ad Muncher but I have a feeling AdGuard tech support would not be as good as what I am used to with Ad Muncher.

One last thing.

One thing I do like with AdGuard is by default its only filters web browsers instead of filtering all connections system-wide.I really would like it if Ad Muncher worked the same way and would not filter all running programs by default! Hopefully Ad Muncher 5 will have an option to not filter any programs other then web browsers. And yes I know you can add programs the do not filter list but that gets to be a pain when you need to add each and every programs individually :(

But I guess what everyone here really wants to know is will Ad Muncher 5 be released before 2014 ends?
Last edited by gate1975mlm on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
gate1975mlm
Addict

Re: Tech support remian the same after Ad Muncher goes Free?

Postby Ploum » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:37 pm

+ 1

admuncher is a better product (even without the https filtering) !
Ploum
Addict

Re: Tech support remain the same after Ad Muncher goes Free?

Postby qwertz123456 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:25 am

+1
qwertz123456
Addict

Postby Balask » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:30 am

Although I can understand your concerns about not getting good tech support once Ad Muncher becomes free I feel as maybe they are misplaced fears. If we look at the history of Ad Muncher Jeff was filtering websites for free and adding to filter list before he was even hired, I feel like that he would continue to offer support even if he wasn't paid, that being said he may not be able to work around the clock much like he does now but they would eventually fix the filter.

I am also concerned about the lack of updates but then I realize that we all have life outside of work and although its not a good excuse for not meeting deadlines I think eventually release will happen and it will have the features required to be a valid competitor.

I actually like that Ad Muncher filters all programs especially since I'm hoping to filter iTunes Radio once it filters https. Have you tried going to Options > Filter Targets (Drop Down) > Default Filter Targets and on the bottom unchecking "Use this list" and then just having your web browsers in your personal list?
Balask

Postby gate1975mlm » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:11 pm

Balask wrote:Although I can understand your concerns about not getting good tech support once Ad Muncher becomes free I feel as maybe they are misplaced fears. If we look at the history of Ad Muncher Jeff was filtering websites for free and adding to filter list before he was even hired, I feel like that he would continue to offer support even if he wasn't paid, that being said he may not be able to work around the clock much like he does now but they would eventually fix the filter.

I am also concerned about the lack of updates but then I realize that we all have life outside of work and although its not a good excuse for not meeting deadlines I think eventually release will happen and it will have the features required to be a valid competitor.

I actually like that Ad Muncher filters all programs especially since I'm hoping to filter iTunes Radio once it filters https. Have you tried going to Options > Filter Targets (Drop Down) > Default Filter Targets and on the bottom unchecking "Use this list" and then just having your web browsers in your personal list?

Thanks for the info about the "Default Targets" option.

Like you said I unchecked "Use this list" for the default filter targets and then added +firefox:* to my filter Targets. So now only firefox will be filtered :)

I would have also added IE11 to my filter list also but as we all know Ad Muncher 4 does no filter IE11 :(
gate1975mlm
Addict

Postby The Seeker » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:29 pm

Balask wrote:I actually like that Ad Muncher filters all programs especially since I'm hoping to filter iTunes Radio if it ever filters https.

FTFY.
The Seeker
Wiz

Return to Wish-list