Watch out for Acronis Privacy Expert Suite version 9.0

Post any ideas for promoting Ad Muncher here.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Watch out for Acronis Privacy Expert Suite version 9.0

Postby gt » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:14 am

There really wasn't a good category to place this notice. "Spread the word" was the closest I could come.

I just tried out Acronis's Privacy Expert Suite which finds malware on your computer. It flagged AdMuncher in my registry (Windows XP Pro SP2) to be associated with Go!Zilla. I wasn't aware until I started to do some research that Go!zilla also makes a program called Ad Muncher. I believe the Acronis program thinks the good Ad Muncher (this one) is associated with the Go!zilla Ad Muncher. Nowhere in my registry was there any reference to Go!zilla (or Gozilla).

I emailed Acronis (before I knew about the other brand of AdMuncher) to tell them the problem. I'm sure they will respond by saying AdMucher is spyware (but they'll mean the Goz!illa brand.) It might be a good thing if Jeff or Murray contact Acronis too.

I had my son's computer in the shop the other day and when I came by to pick it up the owner said he noticed the spyware program AdMuncher my son's computer. I told him AdMuncher was one of the best pieces of software I've ever used and was about as anti-spyware as you could get.

I didn't know where he was coming from until today. I wonder if there is a way to force Gozilla to change their program name?

Well that's my 2 cents.
gt
New User

Return to Spread the Word