Ad Muncher and Web Privacy

Post any ideas for promoting Ad Muncher here.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Ad Muncher and Web Privacy

Postby A.D. Dendum » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Re: promoting AdMuncher. I was thinking that with all the press lately about Google and how invasive their search engine is, privacy wise (story on CNBC about them - how they save ALL search data for at least 18 months; cyber attacks on them for their Chinese web censorship policy, etc., etc.), it would be a good idea to promote AdMuncher as a tool to combat such privacy invasion. In the CNBC story, a woman told how a stranger used Google search data to find out where she lived! Of course, Google isn't the only company doing this but I think they are the biggest and baddest culprit.

I'm assuming that AM does block a lot of Google data compilation? I haven't been using it for long but the logs show Google analytic tracking blocked, etc.

I'm not exactly sure what AM's unique benefits are - what it does that other ad blockers don't do or do poorly. If you could spell these out, that would help with promotion too. Maybe you have done that here, as I said, I'm new to AdMuncher. Cheers
A.D. Dendum
New User

Re: Ad Muncher and Web Privacy

Postby Jeff » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:18 pm

We do state this on our front page.

Where else could we promote it?
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby oskingen » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:45 pm

I was reading this article http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/11/01/15-google-chrome-extensions-for-better-privacy-control/ and thinking that if only they knew ad muncher then they won't be worry about privacy.
oskingen

Postby jeromy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:16 am

oskingen wrote:I was reading this article http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/11/01/15-google-chrome-extensions-for-better-privacy-control/ and thinking that if only they knew ad muncher then they won't be worry about privacy.

So why not a comment on the original article suggesting users check out Ad Muncher?
jeromy
Wiz

Return to Spread the Word