Ad Muncher is now free!

Ad Muncher status updates will be posted here.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Re: Ad Muncher is now free!

Postby bzg » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:11 pm

Jeff, you should check out this thread. >>

http://forum.adguard.com/showthread.php ... %29/page11
bzg
Addict

Postby mplynch » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:24 pm

I would follow wherever Jeff goes in a heartbeat. He has always been top notch on support with filters and his dedication.

I hope Jeff does contact this guy.
mplynch
Addict

Postby bzg » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:14 pm

I think it would be good for both of them. I would like to see Jeff come over to AdGuard, he would be a great asset.
bzg
Addict

Postby ybnice » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:09 am

[quote="mplynch"]I would follow wherever Jeff goes in a heartbeat. He has always been top notch on support with filters and his dedication.

I hope Jeff does contact this guy.[/quote]

Jeff is da BOMB!!
ybnice
Wiz

Postby Doctor9fan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:44 pm

[quote="Jeff"]Unfortunately my services don't appear to be needed by anyone anymore.[/quote]

People are moving away from AM because it doesn't work with IE 11 or (when MS implement browser extentions) Edge. I'm sorry that AM appears to have reached the end of the road in regards future versions, there's no shame in admitting that if it's the case but there comes a time when a developer can only say that the product can no longer be updated at all which will be a sad day for us AM users but not unexpected.
I still say making the program free was a terrible idea & we wouldn't think less of you if you decided to reverse that decision & start charging again & come to an agreement with current unlimited license subscribers over annual subscription; other ad block software may be free but they can be limited to what you can do to add your own list of blocked sites or even to unblock a site you don't wish to have blocked: AM is the perfect ad block software for me & I'm sure other users.
Doctor9fan

Postby Ploum » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:40 am

OK to make admuncher a paid software (like before), but does Murray has time to develop it (because Murray is very busy with his "Fishburner" project : https://twitter.com/murray ) ?
Ploum
Addict

Postby mplynch » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:23 pm

One year ago today since Murray visited these forums.

I give Jeff the highest accolades and thanks for staying with it as long as he has.
mplynch
Addict

Postby XtremeMaC » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:19 pm

I am once again saddened by these last posts, but one of the reasons why I'm using chrome 95% of the time is because of AM and I'm happy with my choice. Granted https IE11 etc isn't working, but I rarely find myself needing filtering in those.
tried AG, but didn't really like it even though it offers many things.

crowd sourcing etc, great idea I suppose it's worth a shot Jeff. I think if you or Murray puts it out there saying AM will be available on IE11, Edge, and for sure the smartphone mobile apps and perhaps put it on google play and app store afterwards, people will chime in. $0.99/a person definitely helps many mobile coders out there.

I was and am still always happy with AM, thus maybe missed donation websites or whatnot, but people love this software and willing to back you up!

The fact that people hate ads and pop-ups should be a good indicator that there will always be the need for AdMucher or similar software. Why not put just a bit more effort into this and try the new way of getting funds and be the king of ad blocking once AM was.

On the other hand, if it is really really dead, maybe open source this baby and let the community help out.
XtremeMaC

Postby Jeff » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:48 pm

XtremeMaC wrote:I am once again saddened by these last posts, but one of the reasons why I'm using chrome 95% of the time is because of AM and I'm happy with my choice. Granted https IE11 etc isn't working, but I rarely find myself needing filtering in those.
tried AG, but didn't really like it even though it offers many things.

crowd sourcing etc, great idea I suppose it's worth a shot Jeff. I think if you or Murray puts it out there saying AM will be available on IE11, Edge, and for sure the smartphone mobile apps and perhaps put it on google play and app store afterwards, people will chime in. $0.99/a person definitely helps many mobile coders out there.

I was and am still always happy with AM, thus maybe missed donation websites or whatnot, but people love this software and willing to back you up!

The fact that people hate ads and pop-ups should be a good indicator that there will always be the need for AdMucher or similar software. Why not put just a bit more effort into this and try the new way of getting funds and be the king of ad blocking once AM was.

On the other hand, if it is really really dead, maybe open source this baby and let the community help out.

I would love nothing more than to finish what we started 16 years ago.

Unfortunately It's not up to me. Nor can I do anything without Murray. ;/
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby XtremeMaC » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:44 pm

I'll reach out to my friends in Australia to kick his ass! :)

I wish I had the coding abilities. I've moved away from coding days far back to automotive industry. Now only do simple VBA, cmd batch and whatnot to speed things along. have been hoping to code on android, couldn't even start that.

Again wishful thinking, but you are in CA, there are bunch of kids out there trying to show their coding talents and I'm sure they'd be willing to work for free. Granted perhaps part time, but nonetheless a solution.
You'd first teach them a little and then move along. I'm sure they'd be thrilled to be a part of something great! I dunno put their picture up in twitter. put a vinyl logo on the cars. print out some stickers.

Just put an ad out, or fliers to get coders attention. I know its easier said and done, but you do have options man.
XtremeMaC

Postby Jeff » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:49 am

Only Murray can share the source code.

he doesn't have time to do anything like that without being paid.
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby AgentX » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:22 pm

Is there anything we as loyal supporters can do to make things better?
Last I heard was that money was not an issue and I have no idea of the current situation.

Are you, Jeff, able to take over and/or continue the development if you were given the source.
Is there still contact with Murray? I hope he is doing well enough etc.

It must be frustrating for you also Jeff so for what it is worth, thanks for still being here :)

-edit: dang previous post was 2015 :P
AgentX

Postby Jeff » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:28 am

Without an investor willing to fund Ad Muncher completely there is nothing to be done.
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Previous

Return to Development Status