Status update - v4.7 Final Release

Ad Muncher status updates will be posted here.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Re: post what you want, think what you want, ignore the trut

Postby Shamurai » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:19 pm

iNsuRRecTiON wrote:Hey,

lol, you can post what you want, but people complaining about such, really don't know what's going on in the world.

So, by complaining, I dont know whats going on in the world? You mean like the fact that I can get a brand new cd for 2.98 shipped? As opposed to a digital copy from a site with questionable legality (Which is why visa and master card stopped accepting transactions from allofmp3.com).

No one would pirate something, if they had enough money and things are cheap enough! (Not overpriced!)

What are you considering overpriced? based on your previous statements, you didnt find admuncher overpriced when they had lifetime updates. Again, YOU DECIDED to wait for 4.7 final, even thou you've made numerous comments here stating that the 4.7 betas were stable. So, why did you really decide to wait?

Like MS software, lol, they complain about piracy, but don't lower their prices, even they rise them, like with upcoming Vista and then they wondering, more and more piracy occurs.

They are lowering the prices by about $20 on each of the home versions. The only version that actually costs more is the ultimate edition which is designed for a select group of people. Not everyone needs it, yet people see that name (ultimate) and assume they do.

They have enough money and they don't need this pricey licenses for their developers, maintenance, etc.

And I assume you have evidence to backup the fact that they dont need the money? Do you know how their development process works? I am not saying they arent overpriced, but you saying they dont need to be charging what they do without any sort of backup data makes your post lack credibility.

The same goes to other software and I really had buy already much software licenses, but I don't buy things which are too expensive and not user/customer friendly business/license!

Examples?

And the same goes to the music industrie, they complain, rise prices, don't lower online music title and album sales and wonder.
Everyone wonder, but don't see what's really the case and problem!

As I said at the start, I can get a CD for 2.98 shipped where you would pay 14.98 in the store, and guess what, its totally legal. You just have to know how to shop around.

And for example allofmp3.com is really great. They sell the music and albums at an right pricepoint, great quality and rich choice.
Music industrie only complains to that, because they don't get soo much money from it, as with other online music stores..

No, they complain because they didnt authorize allofmp3.com to distribute the music in the manner they are. Hence, allofmp3.com is illegal for a good majority of the music they sell (minus the indie artists).

But it's fully legal and I already pay them much money!
I always buy my music at allofmp3.com.

If its legal then why did Master Card and VISA both pull out and stop accepting charges from allofmp3.com?

Your whole post shows that you think all software should be free, or that all software updates should be provided free of charge. This is not the case. Just because the open source community likes to tote the fact that their software is free, doesnt mean that all software should be this way. The one thing I hate about free software is there is no definitive way to get support. If someone at the forums or website of the product doesnt know an answer (for an open source product), then you are pretty much told "Well, its not happening here, sorry". With commercial software, you get the peace of mind of support. And I know for a fact that you know how great the support for ad muncher is. I've seen some of your very questions answered here faster than I can get someone to even view a topic support request at an open source product's forum.

So please, why dont you just admit that you never intended to purchase the software and really only wanted to wait for 4.7 to be released so you could get it cracked.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with warranties of every kind, and confers all rights.
Shamurai
Master

Postby linx05 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:24 am

Slekniwsob wrote:
linx05 wrote:I thought you were always a paying customer iNsuRRecTiON? Or were you only a 'registered' customer? It just seems a bit fishy to me.

Fishy? Well, we all know who Mr. iNsuRRecTiON is. I don't understand his moaning for lifetime licenses because he would NEVER buy any software!

*image snipped*

I knew his nick looked familiar. Thanks for that.
For my film website, visit, End Darko/Stangirra Productions
For all the latest news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News.
linx05
Wiz

Postby BugMeNot.com » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:50 am

you people bitching and moaning about pirates are ridiculous, every user with a brain bigger than a goats should eralize that underground distribution of software can actually help on sales if the program is not good enough.

I got to know alot of software via warez and paid to ergister it later.

Even if i can use admuncher "for free" i simply dont because i prefer proxomitron at the moment. i was seriously considering on paying for it if it ever supports http 1.1 but due to this policy change now i never will.

Many pirates live in poor countries and would never pay for software anyway so they dont affect admuncher sales.

On the other hand, pirates who can afford to pay for sw will do it? MAYBE.

Anyway, Total Commander has a free updates for life policy and Mr Ghisler develops it constantly, and eve if there are pirate keyz around every release i paid for that software with a smile in my face because he actually deserves it. Many pirates realize this at some point.

(other developers should learn from him (cough)
BugMeNot.com

Postby BugMeNot.com » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:52 am

*realize

by not good enough i meant *good enough*

lol
BugMeNot.com

Postby Scott » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:55 am

BugMeNot.com wrote:you people bitching and moaning about pirates are ridiculous, every user with a brain bigger than a goats should eralize that underground distribution of software can actually help on sales if the program is not good enough.

Yeah, rrrrrrrrrrright.

BugMeNot.com wrote:I got to know alot of software via warez and paid to ergister it later.

Sure you did. No, really, I believe you. Honest. Stop looking at me that way.

BugMeNot.com wrote:Even if i can use admuncher "for free" i simply dont because i prefer proxomitron at the moment.

Of course--and that's why you're here, crying a river about the new registration policy. Or is it really about the registration policy at all? No, I think it's because the 4.7 final version uses new anti-piracy protection that you haven't managed to find a crack for. And you can't stand it.

BugMeNot.com wrote:Many pirates live in poor countries and would never pay for software anyway so they dont affect admuncher sales.

But strangely, they often manage to suck away site bandwidth, and the time of the developers and support staff with their support questions and whining.

BugMeNot.com wrote:On the other hand, pirates who can afford to pay for sw will do it? MAYBE.

On the first hand, you don't even seem to realize that what you just said is self-contradictory.

BugMeNot.com wrote:Anyway, Total Commander has a free updates for life policy and Mr Ghisler develops it constantly, and eve if there are pirate keyz around every release i paid for that software with a smile in my face because he actually deserves it. Many pirates realize this at some point. (other developers should learn from him (cough)

What do you want to be when you grow up? Whatever it is, can I hire you once, and then get free service from you for life after that? Because, well, some philanthropists have actually done that (without even the first payment). So, maybe you should learn from them (cough).
Scott
Addict

Postby BugMeNot.com » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:03 am

Of course, you are corretc scott. I was just angry that my crack didn't work with the new 4.7 version. Sometimes, I realize what an idiot i am, and I just want to punch myself in the crotch.

I apologize to everyone, especially the ad muncher developers and support staff. (cough)
BugMeNot.com

Postby jonspencerbx » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:36 am

Many pirates live in poor countries and would never pay for software anyway so they dont affect admuncher sales.

This is simply not true. If someone can afford to buy a computer and pay for internet acces, surely they can afford an Ad Muncher licensce. Or do you think they stole their computers and get internet acces for free from their geverment? I don't think so.

M.
Running:
Ad Muncher 4.7 build 27105
Opera 9.20 latest weekly build
Windows XP SP2
jonspencerbx
Addict

Postby Scott » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:01 pm

And to the rest of you crybabies, suck it up and deal with it. Missed out on Ad Muncher's lifetime upgrade policy? That sucks; I know how you feel. But forget about it and move on.

No, really. You win some, you lose some. I bought Ad Muncher years ago, but I've lost count of how many times I've gotten screwed or missed out in the past. I've missed out on lifetime-upgrade deals. I've also jumped on "limited time" lifetime upgrade offers that I shouldn't have, and ended up wasting good money. And quite a few times, I've paid for shareware, only to see it go freeware afterward (this annoys me more than anything else). This happened to me most notably with Winamp--I was the sucker who paid for it while everyone else was stealing it. (Yes, Winamp used to be pure shareware. I'm talking about years ago.)

It's nice to get a warning of such policy changes--i.e. "After this month, there will not be any more lifetime upgrades". But sometimes, you just miss out. But not every time. Next time, I'll be the one who misses out, and you'll be telling me to shut the hell up about it.
Scott
Addict

Postby Scott » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:29 am

I forgot to mention the time (not too terribly long ago) when I bought Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 for about $100. Then, Microsoft began giving it away for free. Or the time I impetuously paid $40 for a lifetime license for a popular software firewall product, thinking that they'd eventually have to iron out all the problems I'd had with it. That was several years ago, and I still have too many problems with it to use it. And I never have.
Scott
Addict

Postby Knogle » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:16 am

Heh, let's not forget Opera. It was the most reputable paid browser available in the market... until one day, it decided to go free!
Knogle
Wiz

Postby Scott » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:26 pm

Yeah, I paid for opera, and a couple/few of its upgrades, too.
Scott
Addict

Postby war59312 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:58 am

Could we please get a development status update, been a while.

Now that Vista is out (has been for months already) are we going to see a working beta for admucher anytime soon?
Statistics for Ad Muncher v4.94.34121/6855 (Free)
Adverts removed: 6,685,622
Bandwidth saved: 196,824 MB
Counter started: April 2, 2003

6,685,421 items blocked - 196.8 GB saved - 3.2 weeks saved - 3,075,293 trackers blocked - 15,443,322 cookies blocked
war59312
Wiz

Postby Shamurai » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:26 pm

war, this is the sole reason I've held off on vista. I dont want to have to compromise my system security by either running a program as an administrator, removing IE's protected mode, or whatever work around there is. I want Ad Muncher to work the way it should in vista with the reduced privellage standard user account.

I am glad that microsoft finally fixed the problem with applications requiring access to the program files folder and making all settings be stored in the application data folder so that if an infection occurs, its limited to that user and not to anyone with access to the program files folder. This is my primary objection.

I would love to see a vista beta or release soon so that I may upgrade. Once it works in vista in vmware, i will be upgrading.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with warranties of every kind, and confers all rights.
Shamurai
Master

Postby war59312 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:53 pm

Indeed, I am wishing the same...
Statistics for Ad Muncher v4.94.34121/6855 (Free)
Adverts removed: 6,685,622
Bandwidth saved: 196,824 MB
Counter started: April 2, 2003

6,685,421 items blocked - 196.8 GB saved - 3.2 weeks saved - 3,075,293 trackers blocked - 15,443,322 cookies blocked
war59312
Wiz

Postby Jeff » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:59 am

Elevating Ad Muncher is absolutely not a security risk.

As for an update, we are working as fast as we possibly can and we hate providing time lines or releases dates since we've been wrong before.

We don't like doing that to you guys.

All we can say is the next beta will be out as soon as we are finished with it. :)
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Development Status