Pricing Survey

Ad Muncher status updates will be posted here.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

If Ad Muncher's price was based in AUD instead of USD, would you be more or less likely to purchase?

More likely
12%
Less likely
24%
Wouldn't factor into my decision
65%

Total votes : 51

Postby Scott » Wed May 09, 2007 6:37 am

Murray wrote:I may not have explained adequately, but the main reason for switching to AUD is so that we can process payments ourselves, rather than using a reseller based in the U.S. This would reduce our processing fees from 8% to about 2.8%, so we would make an extra $1.30 USD for each purchase, without charging a cent more.

Thanks for the explanation. I remembered one other thing: The bank I have a debit/credit card with sometimes charges me a currency conversion fee. I believe the fee is only $0.50 USD, but it's still annoying that the greedy scumbags add the charge. From what I can tell, it seems this fee would apply if I were to register Ad Muncher via AUD currency. Just something else to consider, maybe. Or maybe not.
Scott
Addict

Glad you're asking first, instead of arbitrarily changing it

Postby heathbug » Wed May 09, 2007 6:55 am

As some others have alluded to above, personally, having already become addicted to AdMuncher (and its little cow), it would not affect my decision in the least. However, a new potential purchaser in the US would look at the webpage, not know how good the product is, look at the price as Australian dollars, and, not being fully aware of how easy it is to stop payment or receive a refund from credit card companies, would infer that this was a new rip-off, and thus not subscribe. At least, that is my feeling. Americans are just too egocentric to consider that there might be other countries and currencies in the world, and feel that if it's not priced in US dollars, it must not be as good as "ours". There's just some psychological barrier that says to the average American that if it's not American, it's not as good, and it's not to be trusted. By changing the currency that is charged, I fear that you would lose a significant share of American business just due to our jingoism. It shouldn't be that way, but I fear that it would be. :(
NOTICE: By the time you have noticed this notice, you will have noticed that this notice is not worth noticing.

Dave Evans
heathbug
New User

Postby Knogle » Wed May 09, 2007 1:42 pm

IMO prices should be displayed in AUD, USD, and the customer's local currency.
Knogle
Wiz

Pricing

Postby pbmcmlxxi » Sat May 19, 2007 5:24 pm

The new pricing structure would not affect my decision to purchase nor in referring my family & friends. Ad Muncher in my opinion is well worth the money, and you deserve to get the best value for money as likewise you give your customers. :D
pbmcmlxxi
New User

Postby drpruner » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:43 am

Murray wrote:
"This would reduce our processing fees from 8% to about 2.8%,"

Great jumping joeys!! Companies here (USA) complain because they get charged 2-5% by the card companies! Better plug that hemorrhage!

BTW you have one fine product!
Doug Pruner
I make my own smilies, thank you.
drpruner
New User

Previous

Return to Development Status