Ad Muncher Price

Ad Muncher status updates will be posted here.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Ad Muncher Price

Postby Murray » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:04 pm

Hi Everyone,

I can't overstate the importance of this forum post, both for us, the Ad Muncher developers, and you, our valued users. We are conducting a survey of as many people as humanly possible to determine the optimum price for Ad Muncher.

Having the perfect price will ensure that Ad Muncher is not overpriced, as well as ensuring that we are not needlessly reducing the funds available to further improving the program.

If you have a spare 30 seconds, we would very much appreciate your input on the single-page survey available from:

http://www.admuncher.com/pricesurvey

And if possible, please pass the survey along to anyone else you think would be happy to complete it.

Thank you very much for your help, and of course for using Ad Muncher!

Yours sincerely,

Murray Hurps
Murray
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby Knogle » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:49 pm

Responded. :) Rock on Murray!
Knogle
Wiz

Postby Knogle » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:50 pm

I should add that above all, I believe Ad Muncher could really do with a decent marketing campaign and PR blitz. You have developed an extremely versatile and fantastic product - you just need to get the word out! This requires more than just partnership programmes or discounts. Consider investing in some branding enhancements via advertisements on technology-oriented websites. Federated Media can probably help you with this.
Knogle
Wiz

Mac and Linux

Postby xdcc » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:17 am

Mac and Linux versions would create a much larger user base. Switching to a annual subscription might help. I would buy definitely buy Ad Muncher merchandise (t-shirts, stickers, etc.) It would help generate money and advertise the product.

Have you thought about licensing Ad Muncher to makers of security suites like ZoneAlarm and Norton Internet Security. They all need better ad-blocking and it could be lucrative, and wouldn't stop you from selling it as a stand alone product. I wish Ad Muncher was available on my TV.

I recommend Ad Muncher at every chance I get I just wish there was a Mac version.

Cheers to Ad Muncher's future!
xdcc
New User

Postby war59312 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:07 am

Done! I acted like a newbie... ;)
Statistics for Ad Muncher v4.94.34121/6855 (Free)
Adverts removed: 6,685,622
Bandwidth saved: 196,824 MB
Counter started: April 2, 2003

6,685,421 items blocked - 196.8 GB saved - 3.2 weeks saved - 3,075,293 trackers blocked - 15,443,322 cookies blocked
war59312
Wiz

Re: Mac and Linux

Postby Knogle » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:26 am

xdcc wrote:Mac and Linux versions would create a much larger user base.
I completely agree. I've had tons of people enquire about Ad Muncher's compatibility on Macs and Unix. The Mac fan/userbase is growing rapidly, and it would be a wise business decision for you to freeze all development of features or fixing of bugs (the latest version is extremely stable, and AFAIK any remaining bugs are cosmetic or trivial in nature). Focus on porting the software so that it runs just as well on other platforms.
Knogle
Wiz

Postby twist~of~lemon » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:19 am

^ ignore that guy!

Freezing development on Windows would be silly to say the least. Not alone for the fact that who knows how far in development they already are for the next vers.
twist~of~lemon
New User

Postby Jeff » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:27 am

There are many changes and features that need to be done before we can start porting Ad Muncher.

First the entire code base is being rewritten as we add new features from assembly to C which will make it a fairly straight forward process to port it to other OS's.

So instead of doing the work twice, we will do it once as we rewrite it.

Then we can tweak it to run on other Operating Systems.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby JeremyG » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:48 pm

Any chance we'll see a 64-bit version soon?
Jeremy G
JeremyG

Postby Jeff » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:41 am

64-bit support is planned along with all the Vista changes for v4.72

v4.71 is coming first.
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby CEKAY » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:39 am

Knogle wrote:I should add that above all, I believe Ad Muncher could really do with a decent marketing campaign and PR blitz. You have developed an extremely versatile and fantastic product - you just need to get the word out! This requires more than just partnership programmes or discounts. Consider investing in some branding enhancements via advertisements on technology-oriented websites. Federated Media can probably help you with this.

You know it`s funny. To advertise for a product that blocks advertising :) Ad Muncher is a big thorn in the eyes of company`s. Ad`s in Magazines, on TV and on the street may be needed!
CEKAY
Wiz

Mac

Postby eco » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:12 pm

I agree with the other guys on here saying that a Mac version should be a priority. Mac users tend to be a very savvy group who would likely gravitate to this software if it were available. My next computer is going to be a Mac when I upgrade in the next 6 to 8 months, and the lack of Ad Muncher support is seriously the only thing that gives me pause because it is such an important part of my life on the computer. I would really hate to have to switch to something like AdBlock Plus when I do make the switch because that software honestly doesn't even come close to holding a candle to Ad Muncher, regardless of the fact AdBlock is free.

So guys, please keep up the good work and get that Mac version out the door ASAP!
eco

Postby avguser » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:34 am

I think the price is pretty much reasonable at present.I would pay quite a bit more however, for some sort of dedicated parental control section in a future admuncher release.A sort of streamlined, in- built net nanny...if thats possible of course.
avguser
New User

Return to Development Status