Forum update

Ad Muncher status updates will be posted here.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Forum update

Postby Murray » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:09 pm

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say I've upgraded the forum to the new phpBB 3.0 release, please keep an eye out for any issues and of course let us know if anything needs attention.

Ad Muncher v4.72 is now about a week away from alpha testing, and is looking like a very nice little release. I've managed to reduce the installer's file size by about 20% while I was rewriting the installation system, despite the considerable code that was added for full Vista support and a much higher quality installer.

Alphas are tested by myself and Jeff first, then posted as betas to the #AdMuncher Efnet channel for further testing, then released via the automatic update system. We recommend joining the Ad Muncher mailing list (via http://www.admuncher.com/) to receive release announcements and testing tips as soon as they become available.

Stay tuned :-)
Murray
Ad Muncher Developer

Re: Forum update

Postby LuckMan212 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:04 pm

ahhhhhhhhh i thought beta was next......... please skip the alpha and let us get our hands on it !! we will test it!!!
LuckMan212
Wiz

Postby linx05 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:27 am

Just hang out in the Ad Muncher channel. It usually goes, Murray/Jeff > #Admuncher channel > public.
linx05
Wiz

Postby Hanschke » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:27 pm

nice news! great job with the new forum and hope to see a new admuncher release too
Hanschke
Addict

Postby weiwei08 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:27 pm

[quote="Murray"]Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say I've upgraded the forum to the new phpBB 3.0 release, please keep an eye out for any issues and of course let us know if anything needs attention.

Ad Muncher v4.72 is now about a week away from alpha testing, and is looking like a very nice little release. I've managed to reduce the installer's file size by about 20% while I was rewriting the installation system, despite the considerable code that was added for full Vista support and a much higher quality installer.

Alphas are tested by myself and Jeff first, then posted as betas to the #AdMuncher Efnet channel for further testing, then released via the automatic update system. We recommend joining the Ad Muncher mailing list (via http://www.admuncher.com/) to receive release announcements and testing tips as soon as they become available.

Stay tuned :-)[/quote]
can't wait to have a try
Thanks!
weiwei08
New User

Postby war59312 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:23 am

Nice update!

Well for starters, quoting is broke. Because all BBCode is disabled. :( Why?

Search seems to be disabled which is weird: "Sorry but you are not permitted to use the search system."

Also, what happened to "view new posts". Guessing it went bye bye because we cant search. Thats normally how it works, never really tired out phpBB v3.
war59312
Wiz

Postby Murray » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:42 am

war59312 wrote:Nice update!

Well for starters, quoting is broke. Because all BBCode is disabled. :( Why?

Search seems to be disabled which is weird: "Sorry but you are not permitted to use the search system."

Also, what happened to "view new posts". Guessing it went bye bye because we cant search. Thats normally how it works, never really tired out phpBB v3.

testing...
Murray
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby Murray » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:43 am

Strange, I disabled and re-enabled bbcode and it seems to be accepting it now - can someone else try posting a quoted reply to verify?

And yeah, I had to disable the search function because it was absolutely pulverizing the sql server, apparently it's a known bug that they're working on now, so I'll try enabling it again after the next phpbb update.

Murray
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby phonemes » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:09 am

[quote="Murray"]Strange, I disabled and re-enabled bbcode and it seems to be accepting it now - can someone else try posting a quoted reply to verify?

And yeah, I had to disable the search function because it was absolutely pulverizing the sql server, apparently it's a known bug that they're working on now, so I'll try enabling it again after the next phpbb update.

Seems to work for me.
phonemes
Wiz

Postby phonemes » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:11 am

It worked when I used the preview function but not when I posted the reply.
phonemes
Wiz

Postby MaB69 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:42 pm

[quote="phonemes"][quote="Murray"]Strange, I disabled and re-enabled bbcode and it seems to be accepting it now - can someone else try posting a quoted reply to verify?

Seems to work for me.[/quote]

Hi all,

I can confirm that with FF and JS permitted in NoScipt
MaB69
New User

Postby MaB69 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:45 pm

[quote="MaB69"][quote="phonemes"][quote="Murray"]Strange, I disabled and re-enabled bbcode and it seems to be accepting it now - can someone else try posting a quoted reply to verify?

Seems to work for me.[/quote]

Hi all,

I can confirm that with FF and JS permitted in NoScipt[/quote]

New test with no filtering from AM on this site
MaB69
New User

Postby war59312 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:30 pm

[quote="war59312"]Yeah because it still says BBCode is OFF on the POST A Reply screen. :([/quote] < Yeah still broke...

Ouch about the search, surprised they RTM with that bug...

Update: BBCode seems to be enabled on some forums and disabled on others.

For example it is enabled for viewforum.php?f=10 but disabled here

you would think there would be some global setting for this...
war59312
Wiz

Return to Development Status