Ad Muncher v4.8 Final Available

Ad Muncher status updates will be posted here.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Re: Ad Muncher v4.8 Final Available

Postby PET » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:44 am

Where can I get more informations about Ad Muncher v5 licensing? I'v read some stuff here and it says I will need to purchase a new license.
PET

Postby Jeff » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:44 pm

Anyone who doesn't have a lifetime license will need to purchase an updated license when v5.x is released.

If you aren't sure what license you have retrieve it here and check.

http://www.admuncher.com/reglookup.shtml
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby PET » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:06 pm

Your license is currently valid for 1 simultaneous installation with
premium list updates, program updates and support until v5.0 is
released.

Lifetime licenses cost a lot, so how much will a v5 license cost?
PET

Postby Jeff » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:28 pm

It will be the same price as it is now.

You'll have to purchase a 1, 2 or 3 year license.

any version released in that time can be used.
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby Dhiananda » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi,

Once upon a time, I lost my license, maybe couple years ago. Then I contacted your support, since I don't remember the email address used at the time purchase your product, but with some "prove" at that time, your great support team recover the license code for me. It was excellent support for me. I bought for 5 licenses for my small company, around 2005 if I'm not mistaken.

However, I'd like to ask, since my first lost at that time, I though that my data on your database should be replace with the current email address, but today when I try to do "reglookup", the system doesn't found any data about my email address. I just want to make sure, what kind of my license status to reflect at the current license's term.

And, one more question, is it possible to change the license name? Since my old company for some reason has been change to the new name.

Thank you for the answer.
Dhiananda
New User

Postby Jeff » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:05 pm

@Dhiananda

Send us an e-mail with all of your information and questions.

help at admuncher.com
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby ybnice » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:23 pm

I wish to say what wonderful people to deal with here in Murray and Jeff. I just wish to post below for people wishing to buy New Lifetime License correctly!!

I currently have 3 Licenses. I got another puter so thought I would buy a Lifetime License for this new computer as well worth it for my No. 1 software on all my computers. Dumbo me read through this post carefully, so I thought, and clicked the Lifetime Link on page 3 within this post. But this is in actual fact an update purchase link of a current License you already have to Lifetime. Anyway just be careful and dont click that link if you want a brand new Lifetime License. After searching around, the new Lifetime License is actually on Register tab on Home Page; after you select Premium, on next page, within there is the choice to pick unlimited Lifetime License.

Anyway many thanks Murray for sorting it for me, fully appreciated. AD MUNCHER ROCKS!!

PS:: Unfortunately I told my mother to do the same, so you will probabably hear from her too, sigh...
ybnice
Wiz

Postby techtoysavvy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:03 pm

[quote="Jeff"]tough question. i guess you'd have to go by the spirit of the license. the VM is a different machine.[/quote]

This is getting into shades of grey. I understand the spirit behind running on a VM, especially if the VM is really being used as another machine. Admuncher is licensed per machine and not per user. As such there are no restrictions on concurrent use.

Virtualization seems to come in many flavors. For example:
1. Would you need a separate license to browse in a "sandbox" via sandboxie or similar?
2. What about a VM being used to publish apps being used in a manner similar to sandboxie.

The 2nd option is more practical than theoretical. Windows 7 makes it easy to run a separate VM and publish apps. This appears to be the reccomended method for legacy apps using XP mode. Once good reason to do this is to test beta software.

For example, I would like to run a Win 7 VM under the hood. One use for this machine would be to run beta/preview versions of firefox 4 and IE9. I am not asking that Admuncher be supported today under either browser but it may work well enough to use. In that case, could I browse on a beta browser on a VM. I intend to publish the app so that I can run IE 9 & Firefox 4 side by side with their released versions.

I can think of many reasons to run a browser in a "virtual mode". One can even argue that the "inPrivate" mode can be implemented using virtualization technology but the spirit is different than a VM sitting on Hyper-V.

I do intend to have machines sitting on Hyper-V at home for other uses but I would say that these would need separate licenses.
techtoysavvy
New User

Previous

Return to Development Status