Ad Muncher v4.8 Final Available

Ad Muncher status updates will be posted here.

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Re: Ad Muncher v4.8 Final Available

Postby Jeff » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:52 am

It was some time on October.

I wasn't naming a specific date.

When a user installs v4.8 they are told which license they have.

:)
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby simplythebest » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:55 pm

Originally posted by----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was some time on October.
I wasn't naming a specific date.
When a user installs v4.8 they are told which license they have.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the cutiff date?

Which license do I have ? and how can I find out? I didn't notice when upgrading to AD 4.8...
simplythebest
New User

Postby Jeff » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:20 pm

---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby QQFarmer » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:54 am

What can I say except THANK YOU?
QQFarmer
New User

Postby Murray » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:30 am

I just wanted to add a quick post to say a big thank you to everyone for taking the time to provide feedback on the new changes. We're only here to make our customers happy and understanding how you feel is of course critical for that.

The whole point of the new system is fairness. We've been inching towards v5.0 for years in part because as soon as we get close to v4.9+ then users are going to get only a few versions before needing to upgrade, which of course will upset a lot of people (or just completely kill our sales).

Assuming a regular release schedule, the new yearly updates are designed to cost no more than the old system, but again are just intended to ensure people can be sure of getting what they've paid for. We're also being careful not to take anything away from existing users, for example by giving all existing users premium updates, support and the full extent of whatever coverage they've been given (eg: until v5.0). We've also committed to not releasing v5.0 until late 2010 at the earliest so that all v4.x license-holders are guaranteed 12 months of updates before needing to renew.

One final note: we considered offering the option of purchasing a v4.x/v5.x license OR a yearly license, but decided against it in the interests of simplifying the purchasing process. When v5.0 comes out, if anyone badly wants a v5.x renewal I'd be happy to organize something on a per-user basis, but of course no guarantees can be given on how long v5.x will last and the pricing would have to be based on our best estimate.

Thanks again. We're currently hard at work on v4.81 and look forward to bringing this out ASAP.
Murray
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby jordi.c » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi Jef,

I don't get it yet about the license policy.

I'm a new user when I buy a lifetime license of $79 does this mean I get also update for V6.x and above?

Or does this mean only signature updates lifetime for V5.x ?

Best Regards.
jordi.c
New User

Postby Murray » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:41 am

Jordi: a lifetime license will cover all future list and program updates, you won't miss out on anything or ever need to renew :-)
Murray
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby CODE » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:04 am

I am confused as there are two options to purchase your software, Premium and Basic. I need to understand the functionality difference between the two and I am going to purchase multiple copies of your software so of course pricing is a factor.

Is the functionality the same between the two except the ad list only gets updated weekly instead of daily and
after a week the ad list will be the same meaning the basic version will always be a week behind the Premium versions ad list?
Also in the future, will there be any reduced functionally to someone who has purchased the basic version such as when new versions are released?

BTW - Great job on the code!
CODE
New User

Postby Murray » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:35 pm

The difference between the basic and premium licenses is exactly that stated on the registration page:

http://www.admuncher.com/register.shtml

The same list is provided to each, but in the basic version it is limited to one release a week maximum, the premium has daily updates at least, and sometimes more often than that.

Priority support is offered to premium users as well. Currently there is no difference in features between the basic and premium licenses, nor is any difference planned for the future.

Basically with the premium license you can be sure you always have the best advert filtering available, and with basic you will still have an excellent product but might have to wait a bit longer for new adverts to be blocked or support to be given.

I hope this helps clarify things, if there's anything else I can clarify please let me know.
Murray
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby Imperceptible » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:23 am

What is the process for renewing a current license into a lifetime license. When I enter in my Registration Code and click Renew, I get the following message:

"Your license is currently valid for 1 simultaneous installation with premium list updates, program updates and support until v5.0 is released.

Because this license is currently valid until v5.0 is released, this license cannot yet be renewed until a release date has been set for that version."

Thanks in advance, Eddie.
Imperceptible
New User

Postby Jeff » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:40 am

it means exactly that.

Your license is valid already.

There's no need to update to anything until v5.x is released. :)
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby Imperceptible » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:56 am

But what if I want to provide the money now to help support development :D

*waits patiently for 5.0 (and hopefully https support)*
Imperceptible
New User

Postby Jeff » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:43 am

You could always buy Ad Muncher as a gift for family and friends. :)

They would love you even more. ;)
---
---
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Postby ovd » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:46 pm

[quote="ovd"]we will get Gzip, HTTP 1.1, https, x64, Regex support till v4.9 is out?

Jeff, Murray?[/quote]

or any of these?
ovd
Addict

Postby Murray » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:36 am

ovd: we can't confirm a version or date, version numbers are particularly meaningless. These will all be in as soon as we can manage.

Imperceptable: Sorry for the slightly complicated checkout form, currently it needs to be like this to avoid complications when providing yearly renewals on top of a license whose expiration date has not yet been set (i.e.: when v5.0 comes out). A lifetime premium renewal can be purchased for a v4.x license by using the following link:

https://www.admuncher.com/rb/rb.pl?Cust ... Complete=1

I'll be notified once the payment goes through and will modify the license accordingly. No pressure to purchase of course, but just posting in case anyone would like to renew before v5.x comes out :-)
Murray
Ad Muncher Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Development Status