Recent News FREE Ad Muncher

Light-hearted chat and discussion

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Recent News FREE Ad Muncher

Postby darkrats » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:50 pm

Ad Muncher has always been a great product, and Murray has always updated the filters consistently in good time. But I've never got around to becoming a customer.
Why? Because (in my humble opinion) for many years the community has repeatly spoken up about false promises, supposed new versions and just the poor way information is given out.

The recent announcement about a free version is a good example. Websites everywhere, taking their lead from Murray, have been proclaiming a free AM, and a imminent preview of version 5.
Now that may not be his fault, but he has the ability to clear these things up right away, but doesn't seem to be interested in doing so. Tucked away, and hardly noticed is the "end of July" notice for free version.

This close to release, surely he can just replace the current download with the free one, or even just make the premium filters available to everyone, including Trial users.
That would go along way to create some good PR with the public. Or he could allow previous Trial users like myself to have another go for free. Right now my IP isn't accepted for another Trial.

Just saying, things could be handled better.
By the way, I think Murray should ask for donations (via PayPal etc). I'm sure he would be surprised by the amount he might receive from everyone.
darkrats
New User

Re: Recent News FREE Ad Muncher

Postby Jeff » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:46 am

everyone has a different way of doing things...
That's not an ad blocker... THIS is an ad blocker.
---
No bovines were harmed in the making of this program.
---
My first popup stopper blocked too much.
My second popup stopper didn't block enough.
Ad Muncher was juuuuust right.
Jeff
Ad Muncher Developer

Re: Recent News FREE Ad Muncher

Postby rmartink » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:16 pm

am I the only one wondering when it will actually be free? Just wondering.
rmartink
New User

Return to The Lounge