Enough negative comments

Light-hearted chat and discussion

Moderators: Murray, Jeff

Enough negative comments

Postby Balask » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:58 pm

Folks Please stop posting non-stop negative comments about Ad Muncher. Its one thing if you are reporting bad websites or a current feature that isn't working that should, or even advice for a custom filter (like I have about blocking that annoying video ad on cbs.com/watch) but the posts that I've seen recently haven't helped anyone anywhere and it keeps getting me false hope that there is actually a useful update about the program.

Yes I wish that the Ad Muncher 5 preview showed more of Ad Muncher 5 in action like how the triggered filters or the contact options had changed but they released what they wanted to. Posting negative comments about how it was supposed to be turning free isn't going to make it free faster. The fact that Ad Muncher 5 hasn't been released isn't news, its been around for years and you'll just keep getting the same official response that it is being worked on.

In the end if you have a complaint about the program read that thread. If its been posted already and it isn't an actual error let it be. If there is actually an error in the CURRENT program or list by all means let them know that multiple people are having the issue.
Balask

Re: Enough negative comments

Postby broman.martin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:43 pm

Some of those that post the most negative posts are the one that "has switched" to another ad-blocker. They claimed to have moved on, but in reality they never did.
broman.martin
Wiz

Postby zarlin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:31 pm

Well maybe they the makers of ad muncher should stop telling that " The new version is around the corner , when you write and they think you are leaving ad muncher" and maybe they should stop telling " the life of ad muncher " and after that tearfull story getting back to there "mute" behavior again , they start things up and then MUTE , that is not a way to threat paying costumers , and yes i will stop with ad muncher when my license is over and go for adguard that software delivers what it says.

I've been very happy with ad muncher tho the way they the makers choose to play cat and mouse with the costumers is a nogo for me , also the lack of ie 11 support (https) is simply to low for a software in 2014.
zarlin

Postby Balask » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:39 pm

Though I can appreciate your desire to leave the program; though I don't share your desire (though the thought of it has crossed my mind). I don't see the need to harp on shortcomings that have been beaten to death in other posts. Does that make sense? Have you gone to forums where someone posts and the reply is simply a link to another thread that already has the questions answered? Its like that only no one re-directs people they just spill out the conversation all over again.
Balask

Return to The Lounge